What a crazy week! It was my first full week as a car owner, which means that I'm also getting used to a new routine that doesn't involve hours on public transportation! WHOA. So let's see what put the sparkle into it:
- I had a lot of driving adventures over the weekend! Eeee! I'm still a pretty nervous driver, so this newfound ability to drive everywhere is sort of unnerving. But I didn't avoid (even though I wanted to!)! I drove everywhere from Philly to Phoenixville, and I chronicled a bunch of these adventures (and their accompanying freak-outs) in real time! I realized afterward that, by noting my level of anxiety before and after each scary task, I was doing exactly what they have you do in exposure therapy! #winning
- I also made my first drive for fun over the weekend--to Target of course! I had been feeling a lot of anxiety about "unnecessary" driving--basically fearing that something bad would happen if I drove when I didn't absolutely have to. So I'm glad I was able to get up the courage to drive somewhere I wanted to, as opposed to driving for work or for an appointment, which I would do without question (and had been doing no problem since getting my car).
- Pretty Woman is one of those movies that my college roommates and I watched and quoted all the time (heck, I still quote it all the time!), so I couldn't resist when it was on TV on Sunday. "It corners like it's on rails!" is one of my favorite car-related movie lines ever. And I have actually referenced Richard Gere's spiel about spending thousands of dollars in therapy to be able to say, "I'm Mr. Lewis and I'm very angry at my father!" in therapy myself! (Just not about my own father!) I don't really like Richard Gere, or Julia Roberts for that matter, but their humor and chemistry is so great.
Did you know that Richard Gere closing the box here was unscripted? Thank you, IMDb Trivia (aka my favorite thing ever)!
- Amid my general lack of motivation lately, I hadn't painted my nails in weeks (womp). So I'm thrilled that I actually got it together this week and am now rocking one of my all-time favorite nail colors: Essie's Splash of Grenadine!
- I found out Thursday that my retainer sentence is up!! WOO HOO! While those seven weeks did fly by, I was definitely over wearing my retainer 24/7. Now, I can just wear is at night and lisp in the privacy of my own home! Celebrate good times, come on! Oh, and as I was leaving the office, the receptionist asked me if I needed a note for school nbd. I was like, "Uhh, I'm actually 29, but thank you?" HAHA!
Hope you have a great weekend! xo