How is it Friday already?! Well, here's what put the sparkle into my week:
- I spent a rainy Saturday night with my friend Kristin and her cats, as she tried to get me caught up on Game of Thrones. (I have a really hard time picking up with shows after a hiatus, so I had instructed Kristin to "sit on me and make me watch GoT" lol.) We made it through the first 2.5 episodes, but how can I focus on the affairs of Westeros with all this cuteness going on around me?!
- I actually did some creative writing this week! Like, fiction writing! Whoa! Although I really enjoy writing and getting lost in an imaginary world, I tend to avoid it because being still and without the distractions of TV makes me anxious. So I did some writing on the train, where I have no choice but to sit still! GENIUS! And I've been feeling more connected to this particular character that I've had in my head since undergrad, so it was a good time to revisit her.
- In this week's edition of Neighborhood Flower Creeping, my favorite shade of rhododendron is now in bloom! I've been anxiously awaiting these guys' arrival, not gonna lie. What a vibrant shade of lavender--kind of like Illamasqua's Jo'mina, one of my favorite nail colors! #nerdalert
- This week was the finale of DWTS, so of course Pops and I were all about it. I was very conflicted because Mark is my favorite pro and Paige is a fantastic dancer, but Nyle is just incredible (how does he have such great rhythm without being able to hear the music?!), and not to mention F-I-N-E. So once Ginger was taken out of the running, I knew I would be pretty happy with whoever won. Congrats to Nyle and Peta, they certainly deserved it (and blew my mind along the way!)!
I can't even with Nyle crying after this dance. <3 <3
- As a follow-up to my irrational fears Confessions post, look what my bffl texted me over the weekend! EEK!
Like many of you, Soph (a west coast gal) had never heard of Bradlees until I told her about it, so my fear is super confusing to her as well haha!
- BONUS sixth thing! (High Six for Friday??) Ever since catching this ep of Parks and Rec on Wednesday, "I want that boo to be me / I want me to be that boo" has been stuck in my head. Oh Tom Haverford, you hilarious nut!
Happy holiday weekend everybody!! I'm actually kind of nervous about it, because my anxiety tends to be worse on the weekends (lack of routine, I guess?), and it's been really bad all month, but here's hoping this one isn't too stressful! xo