So when last we spoke, I had $15 left in my quarterly budget and was skeptical that I would stick to that in post-capsule April. Um, YEAH! I actually didn't go too crazy on the clothing front, but I did go waaaay over $15!
I tried to focus on cost-per-wear and holes in my closet this month, and I actually returned a bunch of things that were just too expensive for how much I'd wear them (including Madewell's Skinny Skinny Sateen Jeans in deep plum, which I'd been coveting since Christmas. Hello, restraint!). But I definitely went a bit overboard and indulged in some retail therapy this month, which I'd been trying to limit. Ack.
I've noticed that my impulse shopping and overspending definitely gets worse the crazier my schedule is and the more sleep deprived I am. (Shocking!) On those fronts, this month was ROUGH with doubling up on therapy, squeezing in driving practice, and doing my marathon commute. So no wonder I didn't always make really necessary purchases. But I'm trying to keep in mind that, with the exposure therapy, I'm actively working towards big changes. This crazy schedule and wild sleep deprivation are just a phase. It will get better, and I'm working to make it so.
- Reebok Skyscape Chase sneakers (6PM): $80 on sale for $40
- Black Peter Pan Collar Dress (thrifted): $10
- Printed Crepe Cutout Dress (Banana Republic): $150 on super sale for $50 plus 40% off = $29
- Black Bandolino Edition flats (Zappos): $60
- Statement necklace (Francesca's): $23 on sale for $14
I also got a little bag happy on eBay this month and found these two beauties, a Fossil crossbody ($20) and a studded Rebecca Minkoff Covet ($50)!
- Super Stretch Legging Jeans (Gap): $80 on sale for $30 plus 40% off = $18
- Space-dye Fluid Tee (Gap): $35 on sale for plus 40% off = $6
- Quatrefoil infinity scarf (Jane.com): $9 (somehow, all of my light-weight scarves are blue--at least this one is pink!)
- Modal Tunic Top (Jane.com): $10 (ok, this was totally frivolous!)
- Gray jacket (thrifted): $13
- $22 in old clothes/accessories sold at Plato's Closet
Amount saved: $259
Woot, I saved more than I spent! Also, a Covet apparently retails for $425 (WUT), so I saved hundreds scoring one for $50! (Sidenote: if I paid $425 for a bag, I'd be scared to use it!! I think I take pretty good care of my stuff, but I somehow spilled coffee in my Covet on day one of using it, naturally.)
Favorite purchase: Well, I've already expressed my love for the jacket, but I love both pairs of shoes and both bags! I already have a zebra-striped pair of Reebok Skyscapes that I wear all the time, so I'm psyched to have another pair (and one that should hide dirt better!), and I've been on the lookout for comfy black flats since parting with my (super beat) Sam Edelman Felicia flats last fall! Meanwhile, the black Fossil bag is buttery soft and can hold more stuff than the Coach crossbody I never use (and will now consign!), and I love me a studded Minkoff! (Especially one that doesn't have a chain strap!)
Least favorite purchase: I guess the tunic top because I like it but totally didn't need it :-/
Linking up with Franish's Budgeting Bloggers!