YIKES didn't I just do October goals?! (Not to mention that I just typed "September" instead of October. Maybe I'll know the current month in 2016?) OOF. Anyway, here's what's on the white board for November:
- I want to see if I can build on last month's sudden impulse to go back to yoga. Conveniently, I'm going to a yoga retreat this weekend so that's an awesome start!
- Can I stick to my shopping budget for two months in a row?!?
- For the past few years, I've made some pretty creative Christmas cards starring things like Playmobil toys, Polly Pockets, my favorite nail polishes... I've also planned out my cards months in advance, so I need to get on it!
- $80 is not nearly the amount I'd like to put into savings this month, but I'm hoping that making a tiny goal will ignite my "Pssh, how can I NOT do that?" impulse.
- And finally, I'm having trouble deciding what book I feel like reading this month, hence "read something" LOL!
As for October goals, I KILLED it! I guess this accountability thing really does work, huh?
- Bills and Spend accounts: CHECK
- No checks: CHECK for no checks
- Stick to monthly shopping budget: CHECK!!!! Read about it here!
- Try coloring during downtime: CHECK, although it only really happened on a few Sunday nights when I had been "productive" during the day. Please let me know if you have any ways to shut off the part of your brain that thinks you shouldn't relax! Objectively, I know that taking breaks etc. is helpful and good, but my anxiety is not a big fan.
- Get up to p. 300 in Game of Thrones: FAIL but CHECK since I did read a lot last month, just in a different book: The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk! I'm currently 156 pages in!
- Get flu shot: I have my physical today, so hopefully I can check off this goal! UPDATE: CHECK! (And ow)
What are your goals for the month? How do you stick to them?
Linking up with Writes like a Girl!