TGIF, amirite?! EMDR is getting more intense, and my mind is having none of it. (Literally, in session, I was like, "In my mind, I'm shopping" lol whoops.) But here are some things that put the sparkle into my week:
- Last weekend, I had my 10 year high school reunion of sorts amidst a celebration of our school's 150th anniversary. It was so weird and heart-warming to be back at this place that was my sanctuary for four years. Sacred Heart is a super tiny all girls' school, and it was exactly what I needed at 15. My teachers were (and continue to be, as I have kept in touch with many of them!) such warm and compassionate role models in my life. I can't believe I've been out for 10 years now. I still wear my school ring every day! Also, shout-out to the many people who told me that they read and enjoy this blog! It's so great to hear that this space is having a positive effect on other people. <3
- Going to Heartcoming also spurred me to watch a video that my friend Kate filmed on random days towards the end of our senior year. It captures exciting things like gym class (there is no evidence of me participating, haha), packing up at the end of the day (people were legit getting tackled), going out to lunch with our chem teacher, and me talking about an upcoming Chem II debate:
- On a completely different topic, let's move on to Korean skin care, shall we? I've been intrigued by Korean beauty products for awhile, but a recent feature on them in People Style Watch has sent me over the edge. I am doing some serious product review stalking, and these two blogs have been super helpful in educating me, both about Korean products and about skincare in general. So far, I've (miraculously) only ordered a cleansing "sherbert" and a few adorable Tonymoly cheapies (including this super-cool cream that wipes out dead skin and makes my face feel so.soft.), but my Amazon cart is loaded with several alleged "holy grail" Korean beauty products that I can't wait to try at a later date. When my entire shopping budget is spent on Korean beauty products, at least you won't be surprised, haha.
- B has been wanting me to watch Gilmore Girls pretty much since it came on Netflix, and this week, he was finally successful... with a little help from Babette's cat Cinnamon... who promptly DIED. WTF, Stars Hollow?! (Of course I remember the cat's name and then freak out over episode 5 being called "Cinnamon's Wake" waahhh.) Luckily, my friend Kristin came to the rescue, telling me that Babette eventually gets a new orange kitten! YAY!
- Lastly, I leave you with this hilarious "viral" video from Castle. (I freaking love that show. It's witty and interesting without being too obtrusive if you're trying to get other things done. Plus, Nathan Fillion cracks me up, and Stana Katic is bad-ass and gorge.) Somehow, I hadn't seen this episode and was watching it On Demand last weekend, and the whole scene below, from the stupidly catchy song to everyone's reactions, is just EXCELLENT.
Cheers to the freakin' weekend! Hope it's a great one for you! xo