This has been like the fastest week ever! Here's what put the sparkle into it:
- It has been wonderfully warm on the east coast since last weekend. So much so that I had a lovely outdoor brunch with the girls, worked on my Christmas cards outside, and walked to CVS without a jacket. IN MID-DECEMBER. While my brain is like "does not compute," the rest of me is 1000% on board. OH and the neighborhood cats are loving it too--I spotted TWO new cats this week! Real-life Neko Atsume!
- My two blogger gift exchange presents have arrived! Yay! First up was Mattie and Olya's Secret Santa-esque Blogger Christmas Cheer Exchange. The exchange was through Elfster, where you create a wishlist for your person. My wishlist contained these pens (<3 <3) and a coffee-scented candle, but the candle I got is so much cuter! (And it smells awesome AND came with a matching lip balm that I'm loving!) Thank you Liz Jo of Sundays with Sophie!! :)
Then there was Katie and Caitlin's Christmas mug swap! Such a cute idea! For this exchange, you had to reach out to your buddy and get to know them via e-mail before picking out a mug for them. I was paired up with someone I didn't know: the delightful Nikki from Makeupher! She loves pink and sparkles and lives near my beloved Chicago--we're a perfect match! haha! Look at the cute mug she sent me! <3
- True confessions: Even though I said I'd (sort of) taken up Bullet Journaling, I hadn't been loving my planner for awhile. It's just super bulky and huge and not really accomodating of all the random stuff I want to log (like my spending). So I stumbled upon Boho Berry at just the right time, as seeing her pretty, mantra-filled bujo inspired me to find a planner that works better for me. Now I have a beautiful blank Leuchtturm notebook that affords me space for everything--including cheery mantras to help combat my case of the blahs! Here is my first one, featuring one of my favorite low-pressure positive thoughts. (Even though I hate trying things, ha!) I am not a doodler, nor do I consider myself artsy, but I took the mantra's advice and gave it a try :)
- "Hello, It's Me" by Todd Rundgren got stuck in my head completely out of the blue this week, which led me to revisiting the following scene in The Virgin Suicides (a natural progression). I loved this scene so much when I was in, what, eighth grade? I wanted to be living in the '70s. I wanted a record player. (Does that make me a hipster before it was cool?!) I wanted some boy to call me playing Gilbert O'Sullivan! (Although I surely would have had a heart attack if that had happened!) So many memories!
- Finally, I leave you with the wisdom of drunk Bailey on Grey's:
OMG how is Christmas one week away?! I'm probably not doing a H54F next week (since Friday is Christmas Day), in which case, MERRY CHRISTMAS and a happy weekend!! :D xoxo