Here are some things that put the sparkle into my week:
- In real life, I can't save a dime, but give me some adorable cartoon cats, and I will save up 180 gold fish in no time so that I can buy an addition to my yard. More areas for cats to play? YES PLEASE! #intervention
- My dear friend Timmi, the one I visited in Chicago, took a quote from my post about that trip and turned it into totally gorge inspirational art! I love it and am so touched!! Timmi is one of the bravest people I know, and I so admire her independent spirit. She just up and moved to Chicago for law school, constantly works on her art despite her massive course load, and studies abroad as much as she possibly can. What an inspirational gal herself. Love you, boo.
- Another momentous occasion on that last trip to Chicago was discovering that I know all the words to "Almost Paradise" from Footloose. What an excellent '80s power ballad. Well, my dad recently mentioned hearing "Almost Paradise" in the Home Depot (wut) and thus my love for the song was revived. I really hope the people that sit next to me on the bus these days are also big fans of it (on repeat)! "Almost Paradise" is great to belt out while driving on the Turnpike as well (so versatile), although I certainly don't speak from experience on that one. (I do.)
- As a treat for doing a bunch of work (including some massive house cleaning/organizing), I took myself out for an hour on Sunday and drove (!!) to one of my favorite thrifty places: Plato's Closet. Sure, you've got to rifle through racks and racks (of many things that are see-through or super short), but sometimes you find gems. Like these pinky/lavender J. Crew shorts, which I scored for $3! (Perhaps because they are a reasonable length?) And this semi-cropped (eek!) royal blue top, which was $2! My goal was to spend no more than $10 at Plato's which I thought was laughable. Not so!
- Lastly, Angelica sums up the struggle of adulting:
Also, in case you missed it, To Sparkle Punch turned one this week! This blog has seriously become such a bright spot in my life, and I'm so thankful that I pushed through my fears to start it :) Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!