Here's a smattering of things that put some sparkle into my week!
- It has been so hot this week, roughly 500 degrees (give or take a couple hundred), so this song has been playing in my head, specifically the line "500 degrees in the Caribbean Seas," haha. Maybe it's so hot in Philly because LA and Philly stay jiggy?
- Because of the heat, I (with an big assist from the bf) finally have an air conditioner in my room. Whew! Forget the road less traveled--the AC has made all the difference! Plus, I bought jersey sheets from Target last week, so my bed is now super comfy! I've actually been reading before bed now, like whaaat??
- For some reason, the pic below on the left is one of my parents' favorites, and so they made me try to re-enact it on the Fourth of July. (Sidenote that hanging the giant flag was a whole hour-long production. Welcome to suburbia!)
- My friend's Kristin's usually disinterested cat Sharkey let me have a photo session with him! His face is totally "SRSLY? A little help, mom?" The neighborhood cats have been equally meh about me this week, as they're now pancake cats, flattened out to beat the heat. I never have food for them, so they see me and they're like *yawn*. Womp womp.
- I had a day off this week, hooray! Although I spent it running errands and trying to get things done that I don't have time for during the week. Ugh, adulting. Any tips on keeping guilt at bay when you have some free time?? I could definitely use them!