Here are a few things that put the sparkle into my week:
- Bertram and I celebrated our two-year anniversary! He surprised me with a hotel room for a mini-staycation! AND, to alleviate the stress of a surprise on a type-A nut like myself, he brought all the stuff I usually keep at his place, like pjs and makeup remover. So sweet. I have quite a guy <3
- Around the corner from the hotel is a comic book store that B and I went to a few months ago, and I distinctly remember not "getting" any of the Game of Thrones paraphernalia. WELL! This time around, it was quite a different experience: "Omg Daenerys in her Dothraki garb! KHAL DROGO! Brienne of Tarth! Sam! YGRITTE!!" Now I get it, lol. I'm slowly plodding through season 4, and just when I thought I was hooked again, B informed me that my next episode (4x9) is all about The Wall/The Night's Watch, aka my least favorite component of the show (other than Bran, although at least he has Hodor).
- We also saw Inside Out this weekend. I loved it--it was so interesting how they dealt with memories and emotions, especially how Sadness couldn't just be pushed away (very timely for me after last week!) I might have left the theater crying. Stupid Pixar. Toy Story 3 and now this!
- I booked my tickets for a trip to Chicago! I'm going back in September, for a long weekend with Timmi--conveniently, the weekend of the Renegade Craft Fair! Yay!! Maybe now I'll get to experience this mythical "warm weather" they all talk about... ;)
- Does anybody watch Royal Pains? My bffl introduced me to it, and I watched the first few seasons back when I was avoiding my thesis! Last year, I discovered that all the seasons are on Netflix, and lately, I've been catching up on season 6. It's just one of those shows that's always pretty interesting and witty and likable, so rewatching now is like catching up with an old group of friends. <3