How in the world is it October?! Holy moly! Well, here are some things that put the sparkle in my week:
- Massages are my happy place. That is not news, lol. What is news is that I'm actually relaxing during them! The massage therapist hits these pulse points on my head and neck that just get my whole body and mind to calm the hell down. On top of that, I'm also having a much easier time staying present--grounding myself by focusing on how the touch feels, how my body feels on the bed, how I feel in space. Having a massage every few weeks seems to be really helping calm my anxious mind!
- I did not go and see the Pope in Philly last weekend. (Crowds, yo.) But Pops is all about Francis, so it was wall-to-wall papal TV coverage at our house. Despite my many years of Catholic education, I never knew Mary as the "untier of knots." What a comforting image! I, of course, immediately thought of how anxiety and depression stymies us by twisting us up in knots of fear. In that same vein, I love how Pope Francis asks the people to pray for him. A very positive message from a powerful man, that it is ok to ask for help.
- The ring that I bought in Chicago but was waiting on because my size wasn't available at Renegade arrived on Monday! (How quick is that!) Its geometric daintiness is exactly what I've been looking for, and the artisan, Cheyenne, was a dream to work with. (Oh boy was I a hot mess at her booth: my card initially got declined because I hadn't told my bank I was traveling whoops!) I actually bought this ring in a larger size and came back shortly thereafter to exchange it, and Cheyenne was more than happy to make me one in a smaller size and then ship it to me. I feel like this is another installment in the #neversettle series, like my navy cocktail dress last week. I could have just accepted a ring that wouldn't fit right once my hands returned to their usual frozen state. But I didn't--I spoke up (even though I was super embarrassed to go back and ask for an exchange), and now I have an awesome ring that is exactly what I was looking for, in all ways! If you're interested in Cheyenne's wares, check out her shop Live and Conquer!
- This week, I just felt mentally congested. Like I needed a break from all the screens and the thinking via a completely separate outlet. So I did something very unusual for me... I started doodling. I am not someone who draws for fun; in fact, drawing typically frustrates me because I just can't translate the images in my head onto paper. My therapist has suggested mandalas as a quiet, calming activity, but I find them stressful because they are SO intricate. (What if I mess up the pattern?! How do you stay in those little lines?!) When I told Timmi about my need for an artsy outlet (that wasn't the freaking mandalas!!), she found me some AMAZING coloring book options! I ordered Incredibly Cute Cats, but it was a really tough decision between that and Unicorns Are Jerks, which obviously sounds phenomenal.
- Lastly, my awesome friend Jess and I have teamed up for a Chloe + Isabel pop-up party in October!! If you have been wanting to check out C+I, you can order through my party link here and then select "Ginger's Jewel Soiree" at checkout! (Full disclosure: I get hostess credits for every purchase through my link,) Let me know if you have any questions, and I will gladly check with Jess. I had never heard of C+I before Jess started working for them, but now, I have a bunch of pieces and love their stuff! You might remember some of their necklaces from my outfit pics (see below; click to enlarge), and I seriously wear the Morningtide East-West Pendant all.the.time. I can also say that their earrings don't bother my sensitive ears, which is miraculous.
Have a great weekend errybody!! xo