Although I spent the week at my friend Deena's apartment watching her darling cat, it was kind of a rough week emotionally. But there were a lot of GOOD things that happened too, so let's talk about them, shall we? :)
- First of all, SASHA. She's srsly the cutest. It was really nice to have an adorable loaf waiting for me outside the bathroom and sleeping with me and purring. I could have done without her going full kitten and pulling my hair/trying to bite me, however. :)
- Since I usually work from home on Wednesdays because of EMDR, I got to do so at Deena's apartment, which has tons of natural light in the living room. YAY!!! (I'm constantly opening shades at Pops' and complaining that it's like a funeral parlor lol.)
- And now a Target/Ulta haul of sorts! The candle, bin, and notepad all came from the Target $1 Spot, aka my favorite place. And we found Sadness discarded in the body wash aisle, so B insisted that I take her :) Also, I'm seriously loving my Ulta buys! The Palladio 4-D Boost Herbal Volumizing Mascara is very light and not sticky/crunchy; plus, it comes in brown, my mascara color of choice! I bought it on a whim and am quite impressed thus far. And then the Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Face and Eye Palette is great because they're a bunch of colors that can be used as eyeshadow or a highlighter or an eye highlighter AND they come with their own brush! It was like $14 which is pricey for drugstore makeup, but it seems worth it based on portability and all the ways it can be used. I'M SO RESPONSIBLE. *holla hands*
- You know how you'll sometimes wake up with random rap lyrics stuck in your head for no reason at all? (No? Just me?) Well, Tuesday I woke up singing, "From where they make gumbo at." What the what?? That's not even a whole line! And even WITH the preceding line, it doesn't make much sense! But Weezy's flow is just so.good. On a related note, I used the amazingly poetic Drake line "Swimming in my money, come and find me, Nemo" to illustrate this classic gif recently! (It never fails to crack me up.)
- Finally, in this week's edition of Gushing over Grey's, I loved the episode "Put Me in Coach," partially because I could so relate to Mer and Cristina's complete apathy over playing sports (minus sneaking booze onto the field since my softball days ended in eighth grade!). Cristina's "Hi honey!!" to Owen as he stares and her and Mer laying in the outfield is so great. As is this exchange, which just killed me (because I too was like, "No she wouldn't!"). Poor Mer.
I also watched the alternate reality episode "If/Then" this week and DIED at the different personalities and looks of our beloved docs. But my favorite moment of all was when pink-clad, not at all dark and twisty Mer calls APRIL her person!!!! (I actually like April a lot because she is basically me haha.)
What a whirlwind week! Now I need to unpack and get back into my normal routine... Hope you all have a great weekend! xoxo