What a crazy week. I know I say that a lot, but it was legit last week, as there was a sudden death in my extended family. Ugh. So there's a real need to sparkle punch here and find the good things that happened in the past week!
- Last Saturday was a banner Caturday because I saw Calico Pinky and finally learned her real name: EDIE! What a precious old lady name! I thought I had seen it on her collar, and then a little girl came running up shrieking "Edie! Edie!" for confirmation.
- Also on Saturday was our family Christmas party, which is usually stressful because I'm an antisocial nut. But we had it at a hall this year, which meant that the weeks leading up to it weren't crammed with cleaning and decorating, HOORAY! The dessert spread also helped:
- You know what song I've been listening to lately? "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. (Thank you for reminding me of it, Comcast commercial!) It's cute AF and pretty appropriate for the holidays, without being a "holiday" song. (I've been all about the home-y songs lately... My icy heart must be thawing a bit!)
- On Monday, I got my first oil change, like a real adult! (Ok, I did shriek when the little wrench light first came on, so maybe not totally adult-like.) Afterwards, I stopped at the mall and found out that Hot Topic (yeah, I'm confused why I went in there too) has Neko Atsume plushies! #blessed
- Since I'm apparently re-obsessed with The Mighty Ducks at the moment, I found this amazing article (ok, it's practically a novella) with behind-the-scenes stories about the movies. I also stumbled upon the hilarious Quack Attack podcast, which is basically three dudes quoting/analyzing the movies and even interviewing actors from the movies! Aside from the shocking revelation that a different kid originally played Adam Banks (!!), I think the best thing I've learned so far is that Paula Abdul was on the set of D1 (she was dating Emilio Estevez at the time), and she refused to watch them film the scene where her man smooches Charlie's mom. Like WHAT?!