What a whirlwind week of driving adventures, doctor's appointments, and gearing up for CHICAGO! Here's what brought the sparkle:
- On Saturday, Pops asked me to go with him to a yard sale. I agreed, on the condition that we could look for roaming neighborhood cats afterwards. Yes, my life is sad. But MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
- Chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream is pretty much my dream come true. (I'm just not a vanilla base flavor kind of gal.) I'd had this flavor awhile ago and legit had not been able to find it at any Giant or even Target. But at the Acme? MISSION ACCOMPLISHED part 2! (Last Saturday was clearly very productive!)
- Then on Sunday, I punched some serious driving stress in the face. While on a long drive, on a semi-familiar highway route, I got caught in a total monsoon. Like, people were pulling over or driving with their hazards on. Like, I had to get out of my car on the passenger side when I got home because our street was so flooded. (Like, WHAT that is not normal.) But as I drove, I had pretty much the same reaction as when I threw up on the el: what are ya gonna do? This situation is not ideal, but I can handle it, just keep going. Everything will be ok. TAKE THAT, ANXIETY.👊
- I'm still in disbelief that the Olympics are over, so here is Simone Biles freaking out over a bee. Seeing that girl flip a billion feet into the air, I never would have thought we'd be kindred spirits, ha!
- Finally, I leave for Chicago tomorrow!!! I can't believe my birthday trip is here already and that I get to see this girl so soon! 💖
Hope y'all have a great weekend! Since my birthday is Sunday, I command it! :) xo