Oh boy, let’s see what put the sparkle into this emotional roller coaster of a week!
- So the retreat may have left me in a glass case of emotion, but it was also deeply wonderful. There were moments of connection that really warmed my heart, and moments that gave me hope that my future isn't doomed to just reexperiencing the pain of the past. ❤️
Now let's run through some of the things that have helped me to get through this week without jumping out of my skin!
- Writing! I've felt pretty meh about blogging for at least the last six months, but writing about what I've been feeling this week has been really helpful.
- I just could not sit still over the weekend, so I went for two long walks and to a yoga class. (It was the first time that a yoga class felt too short!) I was pretty out of it when I set out on my walk on Sunday, so I knew the walk was helping when I spotted a rogue catloaf!
- After my friend Kristin heard that I hadn't slept much in six days, she came right over with cat paraphernalia and a willingness to chat about nothing! Hooray! It was exactly what I needed. Kristin is the friend who took me to inpatient, so she is not deterred by a text that says, "Well, come on over! I may be actively crying!” #rideordie
- Having familiar shows on as background noise always helps me, and bonus when it's General Hospital because my life is usually going 1000x better than any soap character at any given time. I'm not the biggest Sam fan, but this whole "My dead husband is actually alive (just with facial reconstruction), but wait, it's not my husband, it's the brother no one knew he had" thing is 💯. Oh soaps, never change.
Hope you have a great weekend! xo