Happy Friday! Let’s see what brought the sparkle this week:
- This week’s nail polish of choice is Essie Penny Talk. Like, WOW. 😍 I can’t even remember when I bought it, but I never used it til now because I am a FOOL! It’s absolutely gorgeous. I think I was hesitant because I expected it to be more of a copper color, but it’s really this beautifully pigmented (not frosty) metallic pink. 10/10 would recommend.
- On Saturday night, I stopped by Kristin’s, and the minute I walked in, her bf started playing Jim Croce on their HomePod. 😂😂 So we ended up chatting about him for a few hours (poor Kristin!), and Rod sent me home with his Jim Croce Greatest Hits CD—what a wild Saturday night!
- RIP Hal Blaine, session drummer extraordinaire, who died on Monday. I already knew about his stellar work on Pet Sounds but forgot that he worked pretty closely with Simon and Garfunkel too. Strangely enough, we were just talking about “America” by S&G at work last week, and it became my “play all day on repeat” song—and what do you know, it features Hal Blaine on drums! (I love analyzing songs and learning about the different session musicians and their unique styles—it even seems to calm my anxiety sometimes!)
- It’s been a real S&G kind of week around here! I’m really feeling pretty acoustic vibes these days, I guess. Paulina and I used to play the Sounds of Silence album a lot in college, and I forgot how darn gorgeous it is! “A Most Peculiar Man”? “Leaves That Are Green”? “Kathy’s Song”? “APRIL, COME SHE WILL”?! After listening to that song all day at work on Wednesday, I came home and was basically Paul Rudd in This Is 40, yelling about Art Garfunkel—”He’s got an amazing voice!” (It’s true, though!)
- Lastly, here’s some General Hospital feels that no one asked for: Oscar and Drew having “the talk.” I love the tender father-son relationship they’ve built over the past year, and this scene absolutely melted my heart. Billy Miller being paternal, and Garren Stitt cuddling up to him?! TOO MUCH. 😭 Bonus that this video includes Joss speaking everyone’s thoughts about Carly being pregnant: “Aren’t you kind of old to be pregnant?!?” 😂😂😂 (Carly’s “CLEARLY NOT!” is also 💯.)
Hope you have a great weekend! xo