Let's see what put the sparkle in this almost-Thanksgiving week!
- On Sunday, I had a wonderful lunch with the missing bff from last week's old job reunion! (I don't know how I managed to unintentionally set these both up in the same week. 2-0-1-2 party over oops outta time!) In addition to being hilarious and just generally a delight, this girl is doing so many good, adult things while being four (five?) years younger than me. I want to be Sara when I grow up! ;)
- I'm a gal who needs headphones at her disposal at all times. I'm also super picky when it comes to said headphones/earbuds because so many of them are really uncomfortable, and sister needs to be able to listen to music for hours (usually three songs on repeat lol)! Well, last week, I somehow misplaced my beloved Skullcandy Chops! Gasp! I really like Skullcandy's sound quality so I was psyched to find an in-ear pair for like $10 at the giant Rite-Aid near work, and they are AMAZING. They're comfy, they don't fall out of my ears, and the sound is great... who could ask for anything more for $10?!
- On Wednesday, I messed up the bus schedule and had to drive to EMDR... which is in Center City... which meant I had to park in Center City. (Oh, is that what you do with cars?) I'm really wary of parallel parking in general, and being in the city turns that up to 11, like, I have to read signs and look for spaces and drive and then park with all these cars trying to get by me?!? ACK. Luckily, some nice fellow saw me struggling and helped me so that I wasn't parked 10 miles from the curb! I am not someone who does well with the kindness of strangers ("stranger danger" is basically my life motto), but I not only kept it together, I also didn't get a ticket or forget where I parked! Parallel parking in Center City (and driving to Center City and driving anywhere) is 1000% NOT something I saw myself doing a year ago! Cheers for personal growth!
- Remember how I said that Forever 21 has amazing socks? Well, look no further than this dachshund-adorned pair! *heart-eyes emoji* I picked them up as a treat for the Wednesday driving debacle. Now, I know what you're thinking--"those aren't cats, Jess..." But dachshunds are so tiny, they're like the cats of dogs. (And according to Ron Swanson, any dog under 50 pounds is a cat anyway!) I embraced the dachshund love last summer when B and I happened upon a woman walking at least FIVE dachshunds, one of which was pulling a cart with wheels. A CART WITH WHEELS, PEOPLE! Even my icy, cat-loving heart couldn't deny that cuteness!
- Apparently, Mondays on Jimmy Kimmel are musical guest "Mash-up Mondays." I had no idea this existed because hello I'm in bed by then. Thank god for Pops, who is retired and thus can stay up past 10 and found out that this past Monday's musical guest was Jewel and the Gang. As in Kool and the Gang + Jewel. WUT. I love Kool and the Gang (c'mon everybody at least secretly loves "Hollywood Swinging"!), I loved Jewel in fourth grade, dreams do come true. And those sparkly shirts are amaze!
How is next week Thanksgiving?! INSANITY. Hope y'all have an awesome weekend!! xoxo