Happy Thanksgiving week!! Here's what put the sparkle into mine:
- I made two new cat friends this week! (...sorta) I spotted this grey guy in the middle of the street (eek), so I tried coaxing him to the sidewalk. He was pretty skeptical of me, but once I crouched down, he came over and bumped me a few times before continuing on his merry way (on the sidewalk, whew). I love how cats need to warm up to you and don't just jump all over you like dogs. Also, I don't think I can stress enough how ambivalent I was to pets my whole life until recently, when I became this crazy cat-whisperer!
I also saw a black cat with white socks hanging out in our yard, although he was definitely not thrilled to see me and amscrayed before I could get a picture. Ike is not going to be pleased with this development! #catdrama #generalcatspital
- The end of last week (11/19-20) was like my senior year of college 2.0, haha. First, I surprised B with tickets to the Flyers-Sharks game on 11/19. Now, not only did my bffl and I go to like 13 Flyers games our senior year, but she is from the San Jose area, so we loved the Sharks. I have been super lax in my hockey fandom these days, so I knew only a handful of players on both teams. It was not a very exciting game (aside from the new 3-on-3 overtime, which is just bananas), so we were chanting "we got ice cream" instead of "Let's go Fly-ers!" Womp.
- Then on Friday, I was working on a project that actually required me to go back to my English major nerd roots and research (or in my case, recall, since I had learned a lot of these fun facts in my Victorian lit class senior year!) weird biographical facts about famous authors. Elizabeth Barrett Browning and Robert Browning are such an awesome Victorian super couple. (Illness! Love letters! Dysfunctional families! Escapes to Italy! Adoring poems!) And don't even get me started on Tennyson and In Memoriam! *weeps*
- So I accompanied one of my friends to an outpatient surgery this week, and (because I'm a freak) I was totally riveted! While I was waiting in the lobby, all these people in white coats and scrubs were running around, and there was just this energy that had me transfixed. I'm generally pretty curious about medicine--a few weeks ago, I decided I wanted to be a nurse, buuut the blood work at my physical really turned me around on that! At least I have Grey's. (When a parade of residents came through and introduced themselves to my friend, I was totally thinking, "OMG it's season 4 Mer and Cristina!!")
- Lastly, my friend Kristin sent this to me and I burst out laughing in Starbucks. I haven't actually seen the video for "Hotline Bling" somehow, but God love Drake and his dorky dad dance moves.
- Bonus in honor of Thanksgiving! I'm not a huge fan of turkey and most Thanksgiving fare (except for stuffing and those canned cranberries--I will fight you for those), so I am TOTALLY on board with the dinner of toast, jellybeans, and popcorn served up in A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (which I had somehow never seen before!)!
Happy Black Friday guys!! Hope y'all (in the US) had fantastic Thanksgivings! xoxox