Happy Friday and Happy NOVEMBER!! (yikes) Here are some things that put the sparkle into my week:
- Saturday was my cousin's Halloween dress-up wedding! I can say that I'd never danced with giant lemons and apples, Santa, Daenerys, and the Joker at a wedding before, haha! It was a blast. Because the wedding was held at a farm, we all got to go on a hayride and roast marshmallows/make s'mores with the bride and groom afterward! Definitely a fall wonderland! I'm also very glad that Ygritte lives north of the Wall so I could legit bundle up as part of my costume! :)
- So last Thursday, I had to go to my doctor super early to get fasting bloodwork done. (I used to be PETRIFIED of getting blood drawn, so this is miraculous in and of itself!) I had to wait an hour for the bus, so I was stuck in this little shopping center where literally nothing opens before 10 AM, except for the jam-packed Starbs and apparently Robek's, a smoothie place I had never heard of. I didn't really want coffee, since I was still a bit woozy from the blood draw, so I opted for a "Polar Pineapple" smoothie. It was so good I went back and got another after my physical on Monday!
- Speaking of, my physical went great! My blood work etc. came back normal, and my doctor wasn't concerned about any of the things that I was convinced were going to kill me. ("Can you take a look at this thing on my shoulder??" *hyperventilates*) I used to be terrified of doctors and convinced that going to them would reveal all of these health problems that I just don't have, thank god. I'm glad I'm over that phobia and now go to the doctor proactively! (My doctor is also super calm and maternal, so that helps!)
- *deep breath* I finally finished season 5 of Grey's over the weekend. I knew what awaited me in the finale, so I'd been using my favorite coping skill: AVOIDANCE. Rather than focus on that episode's utter heartbreak, which put ZERO sparkle into my week (thank god I'd spoiler'd up to dull the pain!), here is my love note to my favorite character, sweet George O'Malley. His transformation from timid intern in love with Mer to confident and wise resident was so fantastic. (And here are some other sites that love him too!) George is the best <3 <3
So they were terrible together (and the next episode UGH)--George's speech is just so heartfelt and adorable.
- Finally, my friend Kristin informed me that black and white cats like Ike are sometimes known as "cow cats" or, even better, "MOO CATS." And a search of "moo cats" yielded this squeal-worthy image (that I promptly sent to at least 10 people #noshame).
Another week in the books! I'm off to a yoga retreat this weekend, so I'll catch you on the flipside! xoxox