HAPPY NEW YEAR, and welcome back to my favorite type of post!! *confetti horn emoji* Although I would have had no time to write it, I did really miss reflecting on the good things happening Christmas week. So let's see what put the sparkle into the last TWO weeks!
- Ok, first of all, it was 70 FREAKIN DEGREES here in Philly on Christmas Eve!!! I don't remember it ever being so warm for Christmas and I took full advantage of my Second Amendment right to bare arms (and legs and toes!)! ;D
- Although I didn't ask for anything in particular this Christmas (I can never think of anything I want when I'm put on the spot like that!), I got some delightful gifts!
- B got a surprise Christmas/Hannukkah gift this year when I didn't hate the new Star Wars movie! (A few days removed from it, I'm like, "wait, a lot of that movie makes no sense" but hey, I loved it in the moment.) B promptly capitalized on my sudden interest and got me to watch A New Hope, which I liked a lot. I did fall asleep during The Empire Strikes Back, but after the Battle of Hoth at least! (We had the N64 "Shadows of the Empire" game when I was a kid, so I am very familiar with AT-ATs and Wampas!)
- In a devastating turn of events, it seems that watching Grey's before bed is not mixing well with my other sleep issues (like the vivid dreams). Wahhhh. Luckily, I've stumbled on a fun YouTube channel that has nothing to do with hospitals and crises: the delightful alannaramaa! This is the first of her videos that I watched, and once I saw her start freaking out about Game of Thrones with unblended concealer all over her face, I was like, I want to be this girl's BFF! haha She's super down-to-earth and engaging and honest about products she likes and dislikes. LOVE HER.
- On Tuesday, since I was off, I got to go to Sephora and Macy's and just play around and get some samples and get made up. SO FUN. I'm sure I also entertained any passers-by when I tried to put on mascara at Sephora, despite being blind as a bat and not tall enough to get close to the mirror. Oops! (It still turned out pretty well, though, and my lashes were sky high! Definitely want to try this Clinique mascara again sometime.)
I hope you all had marvelous holidays and have a great start to new year! I'm not usually a fan of New Year's BUT I get to spend the first week of the year catsitting this adorable little angel!!!!! :D