Happy Friday, gang! I only worked in the office two days this week, so I barely know that it's Friday! Here are some things that put the sparkle in my whirlwind week:
- So you know how I had to go to a wedding last Friday? Well, I discovered a few days before that both dresses I was considering wearing need to be retired--they are just too snug, and I feel self-conscious in them. Ugh. Miraculously, I managed to find this pretty (and comfy!) Love Ady dress at Nordstrom Rack THE DAY BEFORE the wedding. I threw it together with a pair of caged heels I'd thrifted years ago and my oversized Baggu clutch, and it was perfect! Instead of feeling meh, I LOVED how I looked! :) #neversettle
- My favorite thing to do at the airport is get a Razzmatazz Jamba Juice (mainly because, is there another Jamba Juice in Philly?). It almost takes the sting out of having to go through security and drag my luggage all over the place. And this time, my flight got canceled (!!) at 10:00 the night before, so being able to chill at the gate with my Jamba Juice and my boarding pass helped me to calm down!!
- Now onto CHICAGO! Ever since Timmi moved there three years ago, we've been talking about going to the ENORMOUS Renegade Craft Fair that they host each fall. This year, we made it happen! Renegade is insane: tents on tents on tents. Which means lots of amazing, crafty things! I spent wayyy too much money, of course, but picked up some birthday cards for friends, some cat-adorned items (obvs), a stacking ring and a geometric ring (the latter is being specially made for me because my size wasn't available in rose gold at the fair), a mini Yeti from Migration Goods (maker of Sasquatch + catloaf!), and this gorge bangle:
- Did you know that Chicago has roughly ONE MILLION donut places?! Philly has not yet embraced the donut with the same level of enthusiasm, so naturally, we went on a donut crawl! Here are my three choices, all old-fashioneds (my favorite):
- Since this was my first warm weather trip to Chicago, I got to bask in its natural beauty, including the lake and the Lincoln Park Conservatory! How are these things in the middle of a city?! And FREE?! If not for the winter, I would be totally sold on moving to Chicago!
Well, I'm off to sleep for approx 35 hours now! :D Have a great weekend!!