It has been a strange week around here. I started out feeling super sad and blah, but my mood did pick up as the week went on! Here's what put the sparkle into it:
- Not Saturday afternoon, that's for sure! The el stopped running as I was trying to get to a doctor's appointment. Like, it pulled up and said it was out of service. UGH. Thankfully, I still got to see my doc, despite being very late (and crying in an Uber en route to her #stayclassy). To shake off that stressful turn of events, I walked around Nordstrom Rack, where "Good Feeling" came on. I hadn't heard that song in AGES, and it totally brightened my mood! I used a few gift cards to get boots and this cute Alex + Ani blush bracelet. I love how wearing one bracelet (the Lokai) has turned into an arm party over the months! :)
- In other non-sparkly news, David Bowie :( RIP. I was crushed to hear of his passing. He was my first concert ever and someone I was constantly rediscovering, thanks to his seemingly never-ending supply of songs for me to love: "Fashion," "A New Career in a New Town," and "Soul Love" in high school, "Star," "Kooks," and "Be My Wife" in college... and so many more. On the bright side, his passing got me to listen to all of his jams on my iPod (which is named "Lady Stardust" no joke!) and remember how much I love them!
- On Tuesday night, I had the house to myself and actually attempted to relax with Grey's and a Korean sheet mask! (And some oatmeal raisin cookies!) Confetti horn emoji!!
- I think I've found the tinted moisturizer OF MY DREAMS. Mainly because I will actually use on the weekends and days off--that's how I know something's good: when it fits into my lazy girl makeup lifestyle, haha! The Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer in Alabaster TOTALLY works with my super pale skin and takes down my redness like instantaneously with no need for brushes or anything! It goes on like a dream and evens everything out so.nicely. I might have to pick up the full size once my sample runs out!
- So my room got a cheery little makeover this week, thanks to the addition of this pretty 2016 calendar (which was like $8 on Amazon!) and a few cute Target finds!
- And finally, what is better than Drake's dad dancing? Drake's dad dancing (from SNL) set to "Hotline Bling," that's what! #blessed
Happy Friday erreybody! TGIF!! :)