I can't believe it's Friday already! What the heck put the sparkle into this week?
- I was actually social last weekend! Hooray! I had a long overdue reunion with one of my buds from my old job, and it was so delightful to catch up with her! This was the first time I'd seen her since she got engaged a few months back, and I was so.excited. for her. Like, talking-color-schemes excited--and I'm not even a super wedding-y person!
- I had a major city driving accomplishment on Monday when I successfully drove to my therapist's office near Chestnut Hill! I was totally confused by the ease of (non-parallel) parking, the wide streets, and the TREES! It was such a cute suburban/city area! Not to mention that I had a great session AND got a delish caramel latte from a nearby coffee shop! What an unexpectedly great start to the week!
- For whatever reason, this week's song on repeat has been "Dream On" by Aerosmith. I noticed recently that I'm able to pick out specific instruments (or models of instruments) in songs, which has made songs I've heard a million times so much more interesting. Plus, if you listen to "Dream On" with one earbud in (as I'm apt to do at work), you'll hear certain instruments more clearly and pick out things you could never hear before in the arrangement as a whole! (You can do this with a lot of classic rock songs, and it always enthralls me haha! #nerdalertround2)
- Whenever I get back into Supernatural (mainly because I can't quit Jensen Ackles, that beautiful bastard), I only watch the same few "funny" episodes. (I get easily spooked, so the supernatural is really not my friend!) So of course, I love (and can relate to!) over-the-top-scared Dean in the episode "Yellow Fever," especially when he refuses to drive over 20 MPH and has this reaction after being startled by a kitten:
- I actually went to a concert this week! On a Thursday night! Who am I?! (That seems to be a theme!) I saw M83, a band I saw four years ago (back when I only knew "Midnight City") and totally fell in love with. The show was really great. It was especially interesting to revisit these songs that I had listened to so much at other times in my life (like when I was finishing my MA thesis or living in the city)--a lot has changed changed since then. I feel like a completely different person!
Hope you have a great weekend! xo