What a whirlwind week! Let's see what put the sparkle into it:
- I'm not super psyched about Christmas, but I did get really into taking artsy shots of all the pretty decorations at the mall last Saturday!
- For some reason, I really felt like playing video games over the holiday weekend, so I was thrilled to find one of my favorite childhood games in the App Store: Harvest Moon! In which you build your own farm and take care of animals and hang out with townspeople. SUPER EXCITING, I know. But look at my precious sleepy cow:
- Mica sent me this delightful link in which people review the cats they meet on the street! MY PEOPLE!! (Coincidentally, I was late getting home on Sunday night because I'd spotted Calico Pinky and just had to see if she would come up to me. Spoiler: SHE DID, and I got lots of meows and bumps. <3)
- My most recent allergy attack made me really curious about what exactly I'm allergic to, since I've only ever been told that I have "seasonal allergies." So on Thursday, I got allergy tested, and yes, it was a highlight of the week because I thought it was so cool! (Also, I'm insane!) I got a skin test, so I was pricked with 40 different allergens (not fun, but fascinating), and it turns out I'm allergic to a bunch of "typical" stuff (birch, dust, etc.)... and dogs! But not cats! Oh happy day! Since I've had allergic symptoms around cats before, though, the doctor actually encouraged me to pet cats and monitor my symptoms! DON'T MIND IF I DO. I also learned that certain raw fruits and veggies make my throat super itchy because they trigger my birch allergy! (So, not a food allergy in its own right, but related to my "seasonal" allergies.) How wild!
- The Mighty Ducks (one and two!) were on again this week, and I could not resist watching... and trying to make sense of my childhood love of Adam Banks. I'm usually all about the dark-haired losers over the blonde rich kids (Jess > Logan, for instance), so this is a real conundrum. Maybe I was wooed by his insecurities in D2 (stressed about scouts! wanting to impress his dad! playing through pain!). He's not just a rich kid, he's a rich kid with problems. And he legit cries a single tear when Gordon won't let him play through his injury. Such emotional depth! What's not to love? ❤️😂
Hope you have a great weekend! xo