Boy, this week just flew by! I'm finally feeling better, and I got to spend quality time with a cat, so life is good. :) Here's what put the sparkle into my week:
- On Saturday, B and I walked around his hood and saw the first glimpses of SPRING!!!! Even though this winter hasn't been bad, it's always so invigorating to see the flowers start blooming and the days get longer. :) In our travels, I also might have come to a screeching halt in the middle of the block when I saw an adorable dress on a mannequin outside a thrift shop: "Does that dress have cats on it?!?" It sure did! And had it not been $45, B probably would not have been able to tear me away, haha!
Then, on Sunday, I did a bunch of super-boring-but-good stuff, like cleaning my room and emptying a bunch of old files while watching Twilight and a Kardashians marathon! #glamorous
- Speaking of trashy TV, Monday marked the end of the first season of The Bachelor that I've ever watched in my life. Yikes, what a trainwreck--and yet Pops and I could not look away! I was Team JoJo for the last few weeks, eventually recruiting Pops, so I was irrationally infuriated by the finale. At least she can brush her shoulders off and be a pimp too as The Bachelorette. (Caila's adorable, and her hair was positively to die for, but I was pretty meh about her.) In related news, Fran posted a link to this awesome blog of Bachelor recaps written by a former Bachelor contestant, and I got super engrossed in them! (They're kind of better than the show itself, haha.)
- I'm watching my friend Deena's adorable kitten Sasha for a few days, and I'm in heaven! B was wondering if I was bored while we watched Netflix, and I was like, "How can I focus on The West Wing when there's a real live cat here?!" #priorities It's pretty nice having a fuzzy companion, especially one who's purring at my feet when my alarm goes off at 6:30 AM. <3
- Since I'm watching Sasha, I'm staying in the city again, and that means enormous city drugstores that sell everything under the sun... including TATER TOTS! I almost audibly squealed at the sight. I absolutely hate going to the grocery store (and there's not one within walking distance at home), so thank you, city CVS, for making my dreams come true!
- Lastly, I got back on the Grey's bandwagon this week and picked up where I left off in season 9 (which I had abandoned like a month and a half ago!), although it's not super enjoyable thus far with everyone being traumatized from the plane crash! Conveniently, I've also been rewatching season 4 and 5, and they're just SO GOOD. Mer trying to get all "whole and healed" in therapy! Her revelations about her mother! Her malignant glioma clinical trial with Derek finally being successful! The house of candles! I had forgotten all of these things! On a related note, I wonder if I'll ever be interested in rewatching seasons after S5 because Grey's without George (ok, and Izzie too) makes me sad. :(
Have a great weekend, everybody! xo