It's the freakin' weekend! Here's what put the sparkle into my week:
- I willingly watched an entire March Madness game for the first time in my life last Saturday. I'm rooting for Villanova because I went there for grad school, but it's sort of complicated because Nova was largely an annoyance to me in undergrad, especially during March Madness. You see, for undergrad, I went to Rosemont (the tiny, then-all-women's college not far away), and when my bffl and I would try to catch Flyers games while out to dinner in March, March Madness trumped everything. (Nova was in the Final Four our senior year, so you can imagine the level of basketball fever going on then!) But it seems I'm now singing a different tune, haha!
- Something else I was glued to this week? The new season of Dancing with the Stars! (I've been hooked on DWTS ever since the Sadie-Alfonso season in 2014, haha.) Mark is my favorite pro, so you can imagine my devastation when I heard that he was injured (gasp!). As for the "stars" this season, obviously I'm rooting for Jodie Sweetin (how could the dude from Boyz II Men use "Motown Philly" in week one and thus deprive us of an update of this classic number, sparkly hats and all?!), and I was psyched for Mischa Barton, but homegirl is just a disaster out there, and her attitude is terrible. Watching her makes me sad. :( At the opposite end of the spectrum from Mischa is Nyle DiMarco, the stunning deaf model from ANTM (#smize) who utterly killed his opening routine!
Pops: "What the heck is this song?" Me: "Googling now. I think there was some line about cake by the ocean??" Yeah, we're hip.
- So ever since I finished exposure and saw the freedom that driving can provide when you're not too terrified to get behind the wheel, I've been thinking about getting a car. I'm totally clueless and overwhelmed by all the options, but luckily, my bffl stepped in and found me the perfect one:
- Look at these lovely flowers from my walk to the bus stop! Picture #1 was taken Tuesday and picture #2 on Wednesday. So in just one day, we went from a single bloom to TONS--wow. It's been kind of a rough week anxiety-wise, so this was a perfect reminder that things can't stay bad forever (despite what anxiety tries to tell me!).
- The print below has also been helping me deal with my anxiety this week. I fell in love with this whole Etsy shop when The Neat Nook mentioned it in her H54F post a few weeks ago, and it's taken a lot of willpower for me not to order like five more prints from Little Emma's Flowers! I now have a hard copy of this print and made it the background on my work computer, a decision that I think is helping my mindset a bit. <3
Hope you all have a great weekend! xoxo