For some reason, I had a really hard time coming up with goals for April (hence why there are only four, not five). Here are my, admittedly random, goals:
- Probably a good idea, unless I want the "cozy coupe" to be my future whip for real. ;)
- Both my go-to tall boots and booties are pretty much falling apart (the booties legit have holes in the sole nbd), AND I don't have a comfortable pair of flats :( So if I buy anything this month, it should be shoes! Feel free to give me suggestions for comfy boots, booties, or flats!
- Sleep is usually the first thing to get jettisoned when I'm busy--or lazy. (Like, in need of lazy time, since my current schedule only allows me maybe two hours of free time a night.) I used to be in bed around 10:30, but bedtime keeps getting pushed further and further back, and "OJ Night" definitely doesn't help! (Ugh, 10 PM start time.) Considering I have to get the bus to work at either 6:27 or 7:27, I really need to try to get to sleep before midnight in order to not be a total zombie!
- I have a couple of lovely prints that I need to get up on the wall!
Ok, so how did March's goals go? Well, I misspelled "goal" as "gaol" as I was writing this part of the post, and it's fitting because one of my goals kind of felt like jail last month. Within a week of choosing my March goals, I stopped exposure therapy. I just felt really burned out (I guess having four therapists at once will do that to you!), and felt like I needed to get my primary therapy situation sorted out above all else. Giving up on exposure initially felt just like that: like giving up. Like I had done something wrong. I mean, this was one of my goals--how could I stop?! I felt totally locked into it--even though it wasn't working--largely because I had anointed it a goal. But! Even though I stopped exposure, I didn't abandon my goal of getting a car (which a lot of my initial exposure homework was working towards). I just work on it myself now, instead of spending time and money going to an additional therapist. The fact that I made a change and the world didn't end was a good lesson for me.
Let's see how the rest of March's goals went, shall we?
- Sort out therapy sitch: CHECK! I'm now seeing my EMDR therapist as my primary one because she specializes in EMDR but is also a "regular" therapist! (I don't know why that possibility didn't occur to me sooner!) I already enjoyed working with her and always got a lot out of our EMDR sessions, so I think this could work out well.
- Keep up exposure progress: CHECK, just not in the way I envisioned! (see above)
- Keep up with gratitude log: CHECK, as needed (or, more accurately, as remembered, lol)
- Pay extra on student loans: CHECK! And I think I've now come up with a system that will help me to remember to pay extra regularly too.
- Take it easy! Well, I'm not sure I did this, but at least I didn't have a fifth goal to tangle with! :)
What are you working on in April?
Linking up with Nicole at Writes Like a Girl!