Another week is in the books! Let's see what put the sparkle into it:
- As of yesterday, I'm cast-free! My foot still isn't exactly better (like, if it starts hurting again, I'm supposed to bust out my walking boot), but at least now I can shower without having a heart attack about my cast possibly getting wet! #winning
- I went to an event at my high school last Saturday and wore the following ensemble. Obviously, going to a fancy evening in sneakers rankled my fashion-loving heart, but I couldn't fit my cast into any other shoes, so I just had to go with it... and pick a color scheme that didn't clash terribly with my Reeboks (or my purple cast)! ;)
- Signs you're an expert at flower creeping: you know where in the neighborhood to find your favorite flowers! Once I realized irises were in bloom, I made a beeline to check out these beauties, and as you can see, they did not disappoint!
- I love finding out little-known facts and behind the scenes tidbits about songs I like, so when Pops and I stumbled onto this video that details the making of "God Only Knows," I was riveted! "God Only Knows" is an insane arrangement anyway, so to listen to the parts separately and hear Brian Wilson directing everyone to his vision was just fascinating. Listening to a masterpiece like this is so creatively inspiring to me. (Even if it was Winnie and Kevin's break-up song. *tear*)
- This week, Facebook reminded me that I posted these pictures SEVEN YEARS AGO. Good lord, how was undergrad graduation SEVEN years ago?!? It feels like yesterday and a lifetime ago, simultaneously. I miss watching Disney movies til all hours of the night, and being able to sleep in til an 11:30 class, and having my roommates to dress me (and loan me their stuff!)! Not living with my friends anymore after undergrad was a very rude awakening!
Hope y'all have a great weekend!! Xo