Was this a fast week, or am I delusional? Either way, TGIF, and let's see what brought the sparkle:
- Pops and I celebrated Father's Day with two of his favorite things: the movies and ice cream! We saw Me Before You ("When I was lit-le, I had a pair of bumble-bee tights..."), which actually wasn't as super cheesy or wildly depressing as I feared it would be. (It was wildly depressing at times, but not the whole time, thank god!)
- Because appointments are the only thing getting me out of the house on weekends lately, I decided to go with it and make a fun appointment at the massage place I like near work! Then, I hit up the nearby mall because it's home to my favorite Nordstrom Rack. But most exciting of all (sadly) was that I discovered an easier way to get on the Turnpike as part of this outing! #adulting #sadtrombone
- If you watch GoT, then I hope you read the recaps on Verge because they are freaking hilarious. This week's really took the cake for me, personally, thanks to the Ygritte, "Formation," and Final Fantasy (!!) references. (I loved Final Fantasy VII and VIII as a kid, and, no joke, have thought about the death of Aeris in FFVII in comparison to major character deaths on GoT. Nerd alert!) It was seriously like the Verge recapper looked into my soul this week. <3 I also stumbled upon this brilliant mash-up of Parks and Rec quotes and GoT scenes, which had me legit lol'ing. Clearly, I need my intense dramas with a side of ridiculousness.
- When a random song gets stuck in your head, and all you know is that it's from a show you've seen nine seasons of, well, you're screwed, right? This tale of woe actually started six months again with a random morose song from Grey's that I just could not place--UNTIL NOW! I put on the season 2 episode "Yesterday" as background noise this week, and when the following scene started, my jaw dropped. It featured THE SONG!! Which is "Everybody Needs a Fence to Lean On" by Headlights, aka a song never would have found on my own.
- One of my fb friends posted the following quote this week, and it was definitely something I needed to read after a rough EMDR session (and general sense of malaise lately).
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! xo