I spent most of Thursday thinking it was Friday, so it must actually be Friday if this post is now live, haha! Here's what put the sparkle into my (apparently confusing) week:
- On Saturday, I drove to Reading for the first time, my longest drive ever! (Ok, it's only a little over an hour, so it's not that much longer than my drive to work BUT it's on mostly unfamiliar highways/roads so I had to rely a lot on Google Maps. Eep!) I planned to take a route that avoided toll roads (getting in those cattle shoots kind of stresses me out), but I must have hit the wrong option in Google Maps, as it directed me onto toll roads... and everything was totally fine. I guess I'm getting better at handling whatever driving throws at me! *confetti horn emoji*
- On Sunday, I got to see my dear gal pal Timmi, which was delightful as always! Even though there was a pretense of "making flower crowns" at her little gathering, she took the liberty of making them for us! What a champ. Getting to be a pretty princess with zero effort on my part is truly living the dream! :)
- I also made a new friend at Timmi's! Her pup Biene just burrowed in my lap and thawed my icy, cat-loving heart a bit. She's pretty adorable! (As long as she's not climbing over me and giving my internal organs an unwelcome massage, that is!)
- I don't even know what to say about the GoT finale, other than "that shit is bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S." I actually watched it on Sunday with Timmi and her fam, and then rewatched it on Tuesday with Pops, who legit freaked out when I told him he'd have to wait until April 2017 for the next season, haha! ("But you have five other seasons to catch up on in the meantime!" "Oh... yeah...") In total nerd news, I a.) actually made Pops a chart showing the relationships of all the people who would be in the finale and b.) finally bought the first book! (I had gotten like 300 pages in before returning it to B.) NERD ALERT!
- Speaking of huge TV moments this week, The Bachelorette. OMG. First of all, Wells was by far my favorite prospective Future Mr. JoJo, thanks to him being brunette and vaguely dorky and looking like he's at least ten years younger than he is. I was bummed he was eliminated this week, but we all saw it coming--Wells isn't enough of a bro to win JoJo's heart. He's too good for this world!
Luckily, I was able to console myself with the second half of the episode, which gave us all the treat of a lifetime. As soon as I recognized "Don't Cry for Me Argentina," I started hyperventilating, shrieking, and laughing all at once. So yes, this montage made me lose all control of my faculties, in the best possible way (if there IS a best possible way for one to lose control of one's faculties).
I can't believe it's the 4th of July already! Hope you all have a lovely holiday weekend! xo