Happy freakin' Friday! :) Here's what put the sparkle into my week:
- True confessions: I've been having trouble getting myself out of the house on weekends, as my anxiety is typically like, "Nope, that's a bad idea, that's a bad idea, that's dangerous/scary," etc. I think I'm still adjusting to doing things alone, as opposed to with the constant companion (and perceived protector) of a boyfriend. BUT! Last Sunday, I actually tagged along to one of Pops' gigs, which happened to be in my old hood in South Philly. (Aw!) The neighborhood hosts a car show and craft fair every summer, and Pops and his band were among the street performers. So in addition to seeing them play, and getting out of the house (woo hoo!), I got to revisit some of my favorite little shops on the "Avenue" I once called home. It was a great day!
- And one of the guys in the band has cats! (You might remember them from this post.) Two of the cats were smart enough to hide from me, but Spats the tuxedo got nabbed. He was unsure of me at first and then proceeded to follow me all around the house. He even let me pet him!! Finally, a tuxedo cat friend!
- Sister Act was on over the weekend. Did anyone else watch this movie religiously (ha!) as a kid?! It's even more hilarious than I remembered. The Reverend Mother flipping her lid about "BOOGIE WOOGIE ON THE PIANO" and snapping at the Monsignor after this epic performance totally cracked me up.
We actually did this version of "Hail Holy Queen" in our church choir in college! I had Sister Mary Lazarus' part (mater ad mater inter marata)!
- Did anyone else catch The Hills marathon/reunion on Tuesday? I saw a little of it, although honestly, I was way more into Laguna Beach than The Hills. I watched the first episode of Laguna Beach season 2 like a million times while recovering from getting my wisdom teeth out in '05, haha! Does anyone else remember the CLASSIC scene where Kristin and Stephen meet up on the beach as "Ghost of a Good Thing" (by the angstiest band ever, Dashboard Confessional) plays in the background?! IT'S SO GOOD and tragically not on YouTube. :( So we'll have to settle for this gem from Lo instead:
- Finally, in what has become High Five for Flashback Friday, my favorite book series as a kid turned 30 this week! I totally forgot that The Babysitters' Club debuted (like me!) in 1986 (probably because it was another 8 years before I started reading it?). I loved the BSC sooo much. I had tons of the books and most of the dolls. I distinctly remember being a kid and choosing to read Kristy's Big Day over playing or watching TV and LOVING IT. (I wish I still found reading that enjoyable!) Say hello to your friends, Babysitters' Club!
Well, this week's a wrap! Hope you have a great weekend! xo