There was lots of sparkle this week, thanks to my birthday trip to Chicago!! Despite having no set plans, Timmi and I did a million things! Here's what happened (complete with a ton of pictures #sorrynotsorry):
- On my birthday (last Sunday), Timmi and I were going to bop between neighborhoods and hit up various donut places. That got off to an excellent start... but then we passed people selling tickets for a double-decker bus tour of Chicago, and we threw that into the mix too!
- Inspired by our random bus tour, we just as randomly decided to go to the Lincoln Park Conservatory and Zoo afterward! Timmi valiantly tried to find me a cat, but the Sand Cat was asleep and totally disinterested in us. (Womp.) The magical birthday celebration ended with guac and Grey's. <3
- On Monday, we went to the Garfield Park Conservatory and had tea at the Allis! I don't even like tea, but I agreed to go for the pretty desserts haha!
- Naturally, we followed our tea party with a baseball game. (WUT) The bus tour had made me want to do more stereotypically Chicago things, and I had never been to a Cubs game before, so I started looking into Cubs tickets afterward. Monday was the only night of my trip that they were in town, so we went then, and the Cubs won in 13 innings! It was a great game to see in such an iconic stadium!
- On Tuesday, after sleeping in to recover from our late night with the Cubs, we went to the Art Institute. I somehow always forget how much I enjoy art museums until I'm there. For my birthday, Timmi actually made me a tunic (!!) in material with an impressionist-inspired print, so of course I had to wear that to the Art Institute! (You can see a little of it in the last picture below, but there will be more pictures of it in next week's What I Wore Wednesday post!)
Whew, what a week! This weekend, in addition to catching up on sleep, I'm hoping to get back to blog reading and responding to comments! Happy (long) weekend everybody!! xo