Hooray for Friday! We made it! :) Here's what put the sparkle into my week:
- So I'm a fall person now. That's happened. After years of rolling my eyes at fall due to its close proximity to winter (BLEH), I'm now all about those darn colorful leaves, coziness, and fall-scented candles. (I never used to like candles either. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?) I suddenly liked fall last year and thought it was a fluke, but I guess not!! Anyway, when I was at the mall last weekend, the lovely autumnal display at Bath and Body Works caught my eye, and as I ducked into the store, I chuckled to myself because Bath and Body Works (especially at this particular mall) was always where my mom and I would split up (she's a huge candle person and I would be bored out of my mind). And don't you know, I looked up and almost ran smack into my mom, who was there looking at soaps! ha! Some things never change!
- For some reason, I was hellbent on getting Bertucci's for dinner last weekend. And sure, their pizza is good, but going there was really just a pretense for getting their delicious rolls and oil. But since I had ordered take-out, I was scared rolls wouldn't be included, or that I would have to ask for them (and more importantly, for the oil). So you can imagine my utter delight when the cashier (totally unprompted by me) asked if I wanted any rolls--"and oil for dipping." I'm pretty sure my response was "YES! YOU'RE MY HERO!!" #nochill
- I went to my first LuLaRoe party on Sunday! And I correctly anticipated that it would be terrible for my bank account! (I mean, I live in leggings, sooo...) My only saving grace was that I'm not a big pattern person, and most of the patterns I did like weren't in my size. WHEW. So I ended up getting two pairs of solid color leggings and a solid Irma tunic! Annnd ok yes one pair of patterned leggings...
I couldn't resist, they were the ones I had immediate heart-eyes for when I spotted them in the basket above! (Who says "love at first sight" doesn't happen?!)
- In this week's Exotic Animal Watch, I give you this picture that my bffl took from her front lawn a few weeks ago:
WHAT THE WHAT. I think I would run for the hills if I just happened upon two raccoons. (They are only adorable from afar!) My bffl proceeded to tell me that raccoons are known as "washer bears" (which I had never heard before), because they often dip things in water or make a washing/rubbing gesture with their paws! Who knew? Since then, we've been trading raccoon YouTube videos, such as this poor fella with the cotton candy, and this adorable jerk who desperately wants wants to befriend a cat:
- So here's some random trivia about me: I LOVE the theme to Taxi. Like, I can't tell you a darn thing about the show itself (aside from the taxis), but I was legit just listening to the theme song last week! (It's "Angela" by Bob James, in case you were wondering!) So I was psyched that Derek and Marilu danced to it on DWTS this week! (When I heard she was going to be on the show, my immediate reaction was, "MAYBE THEY'LL DANCE TO THE TAXI THEME!!" I might have a problem...) I also loved Val and Laurie's dance to the Ducktales theme! I totally forgot about that show! What a great theme song! I think I would like Val more if he perennially dressed like Scrooge McDuck, ha! (Also, note that his monocle comes off at :23 😂.)
TGIF! Hope y'all have a great weekend! xo