Holy moly, this has been like the fastest week ever! Here's what brought the sparkle:
- Last weekend, I capitalized on a sudden interest in cleaning and weeded a bunch of clothes/accessories out of my closet! Naturally, they only accepted like three items at Plato's Closet, but as Pops would say, "At least it's closer to the door now." Time to donate!
- I chose an adventure last weekend!! After hitting up Plato's on Sunday, I realized that I wasn't too far from one of the parks I'd put on my Choose Your Own Adventure list, so I talked myself into checking it out. I didn't have a ton of time to spend there, but I went, and that's all that matters!
- Last weekend was truly super productive because, in addition to the cleaning and the adventuring, I also finished season 10 of Grey's! (The fact that I've made it this far is downright miraculous--I usually abandon shows within the first few seasons, no matter how much I like them!) But besides clearly being a major personal accomplishment, finishing season 10 means that Cristina is gone now. She was never my favorite (#007forever), but it is hard to envision Seattle Grace-Mercy Death without her. I really enjoyed her send-off though. Since I've seen the first few seasons like a billion times now, I can recognize most references and songs from them when they pop up in the later episodes, so Mer and Cristina's last dance hit me right in the feels:
This song was originally used in 1x4 when Ellis Grey's scrub nurse (the one who tricks Cristina about the whipple! ha!) dies. So much Teagan and Sara in early Grey's!
- You know how I'm always finding roaming cats in my neighborhood? Well, those adorable jerks have been MIA lately, but luckily, someone has replaced them: GROUNDHOGS. Groundhogs are living it up near my office building, and they are so darn chubby and cute!! I could watch them munch on grass and then dive into/waddle out of the bushes all day! Unfortunately, they aren't as friendly as the cats (surprise!), so the only pics I can get of them are from ten miles away. 😔
As if I needed further encouragement to love the groundhogs, this magazine was in my therapist's waiting room on Wednesday. Thanks a lot, National Geographic!
- Speaking of pets, look at this poor fella! "Call 9-Bun-Bun"!! 😂😂😂
Here's hoping your weekend is better than that bun's! xo