Let's see what put the sparkle into this week:
- Timmi and I had a wild Friday night of Moana, puppy snuggles, and tarot card readings on the one day she was in PA before heading back to Chicago! We learned that my soul card is Death because of course it is. (But singing "What can I say execpt we're dead soon" from Moana was very cathartic.)
I also got the Hermit, which really feels like it should be my soul card, tbh. 😂
Although it's obviously a bit hilarious to have Death as your soul card (rather than just a card plucked at random during a reading), I'm ok with it. For starters, it's number 13. And I do have a strange relationship with death, which has pushed me to start this blog, get help, etc. By virtue of my past suicidality, Death has had a significant, but these days positive, impact on my life. So I can see why we might be connected, Mr. Death Card and I.
- I had some fall fun this week! First with a pretty orange tree during our yoga TT lunch break and then with a red tree that happened to be right across the street from my therapist. 😍
- I got to sleep in a yurt at yoga TT on Saturday night! It was so cute and cozy! If only I'd had a ton of stuff from Sky Mall, I could have been doing some Tom Haverford-level glamping!
- Tuesday was such an annoying day. It's my new work-from-home day, but our Wi-Fi randomly went down in the morning, and I couldn't fix it on my own, and Verizon said they'd have to send someone out to fix it the next day. GRRR. So I decided that I would go to therapy and then just go into the office in the afternoon. Well, I'm on my way to work when Pops (who had been out in the morning) calls and says that he basically jiggled some wires and fixed the whole thing. GRRRRRR. By the time I got home, I was like, "SORRY KIDS, I'M BUSTING INTO THE HALLOWEEN CANDY!" Thank god it was Halloween--I needed some Reese's and Snickers in my life!
- Ok, so the Dodgers lost. And I'm actually sad that baseball is over, so I've def lost it. But let's look at something positive. In 2016, I went to my first Cubs game, and we all know how they fared that season.
Then this year, I went to my first Dodgers game, and they made it to the World Series.
So basically, I'm magic. That's my takeaway here. 💁🏼✨
Hope you have a great weekend! xo