Let's see what put the sparkle into this week!
- Remember how I planted flowers on the 4th of July and realized that I hate gardening? Well, the poor plants had been looking pretty beat for awhile and I was convinced I had killed them. BUT LO AND BEHOLD:
So beautiful! So not dead! In fact, there are several other blooms in progress! I feel like such a proud plant mom!
- THREE cats visited us this week!! First up is Cinny, who fled from me even though I called her "Tina." 😿
Then we had Blackie, who sat outside our window meowing, but hid in the hedges when I came out to smother him with affection. Why are you meowing if you don't want to make friends?!
And lastly we had...
I think this might be Brindle Pinky, Cinny/Tina's housemate who rarely comes to our side of the block. And probably will not be back anytime soon, as she was the most terrified of me. Womp.
- Over the weekend, I had a little family birthday party! I recently discovered that Wegman's cake is AMAZING (I usually hate store bought cake), so I drove all the way there to get the delicious chocolate buttercream/yellow cake of my dreams! My aunt was teasing me about doing all the work for my own party, but how else are you going to get what you want?! 🎂
- And among the awesome cards and gifts from the fam were William Shakespurr, a cat water bottle, and PUSHEEN IN A DONUT FLOAT.
- Lastly, a Weird-Ass Show of the Week! Has anyone watched the Syfy show Haven? Despite my occasional love of Supernatural, I really don't love the supernatural--it's all about the pretty boys... and the same was/is true for Haven, which stars the foxy gent below, Lucas Bryant. (My bffl and I first fell in love with him when he starred in the Canadian hockey soap opera MVP, which is seriously a real show.) Haven is as weird as I remember, but I'm enjoying it a lot more on my second viewing. (I only got through a handful of episodes the first time around.) This season one moment killed me in 2010 and still does now. ❤️
Hope you have a great weekend! xo