Well, I couldn't sit still long enough to write a budget post in January, so here we are with January and February together!
Interestingly, when I was feeling like an emotional wreck, I had zero interest in shopping. That was an unexpected bank error in my favor! Only my regular anxiety can get channeled into finding the ripped jeans of my dreams and something to fix my dark circles, it seems. (Who knew that obsessing over my skin was a sign of mental health?!)
ANYWAY, here’s what I bought over the past two months:
- Relaxed Textured V-Neck Sweater (Old Navy): on sale for $12
- Xhilaration Sleep Sweatshirt (Target): $17 - gift card = $0
- Zoe + Liv Galaxy Unicorn Tee (Target): $13
- Distressed Rockstar Jeans (Old Navy): $40 - gift card = $15
- Any Day Now Scoop T-Shirt (Target): $8
- LC Lauren Conrad Filigree Midi Ring (Kohl's): $10 on sale for $4 - gift card = $0
- LC Lauren Conrad Birth Month Tasseled Slipknot Bracelet (Kohls): $18 on sale for $15 - gift card = $0
- Lavender Tee (Marshalls): $6
- Shine High Neck Tank Top (Old Navy): on sale for $4
- Moto Compression Leggings (Old Navy): $35 on sale for $17
- Mossimo V-Neck Long Sleeve Tee: $10 - gift card = $0
- Milky Jelly Cleanser and Boy Brow Duo (Glossier): $30
Since I bought a million things, I'm not going to talk about all of them individually. But if I were to single out the one item that I think you need to run out and get immediately, it's the Xhilaration sleep hoodie. It’s ridiculously soft and cozy AND has sleeves long enough to cover your hands—a real perk when you have a constant case of ice hands! I basically just want all of my clothes to be as soft as humanly possible, so I've starting raiding the sleep sections of stores (especially Target) and asking myself things like, "Does this look too much like a robe to wear to work?" But with a sleep hoodie, that is not an issue! 🎉
I also love this tank top that I found on the sale rack at Old Navy. (Tragically, it appears to be out of stock now!) I'm always looking for things that talk about "sparkle" in this sense (not because of To Sparkle Punch or anything 😉), and "shine" was close enough for $4.
After seeing the lovely Lisa rave about Old Navy's Rockstar jeans, I had to give them a whirl, and she is so right—they're awesome! Super stretchy and soft! I kind of hate myself for spending $40 on ripped jeans, but they were just the perfect pair for me, and I'd been searching for awhile. Not to mention that any time I wait for something to go on sale, I wind up spending the original price, if not more, to meet shipping minimums or on new, cute things in the store. #knowthyself
The Any Day Now scoop tee might seem boring in the picture, but it has pink and purple streaks in it! I'm not a huge fan of navy, but pink and purple make everything better!
Did you get anything fun so far in 2018?!