Anybody else in their feelings this week?! 🙋🏼♀️ Let’s see what brought the sparkle:
- PUDGE!! I was reunited with my dear, sweet Pudgie Princess this week (and she is currently nestled beside me purring 😭). She is truly, as Timmi put it, "the best velvet purring loaf." 😂😻
- On Saturday, I went over to Kristin's, where she joked that she was going to "make" me watch The Big Chill. Now, I love The Big Chill—and so does she! So you can imagine our surprise when we couldn't remember any of the characters’ names! Whoops! Also, I'm sad that there's not a gif of my favorite line: Jeff Goldblum, who has had to sleep in one of the kids' airplane-shaped beds, announces (in light of all the other various hook-ups going on in the house) that "I was all alone in my airplane, no co-pilot." I legit say this IRL because I am insane.
- I wasn't going to go to my usual Sunday yoga class, since I was staying at Maggie's with Pudge, but I had a change of heart when I woke up wildly anxious and had watched like half a season of Happy Endings by noon! It was a really great class. We had a sub with the most calming voice, and I managed to get a few minutes of anxiety relief. She was also super positive that I had come at all when I told her how I was feeling, which warmed my heart.
- Maggie's housemate (and one of my fellow YTT gals) Karuna was around this week, which was a godsend. Which I'm super anxious, I have a really hard time being alone with my thoughts and feelings, and Karuna very kindly let me pace around her bedroom and beat her ear! We also had an awesome impromptu Target and tarot night!
- Therapy was another godsend this week. (Three appointments in four days 10/10 would recommend.) I feel so crazy when I get triggered because it's like my system gets completely hijacked—I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't focus on anything, it's just bad news. And then I beat myself up about it, which is obviously super helpful. 🙄My one therapist, though, very gently pointed out that, based on my history, there are just some things that will take me from zero to sixty (even though I would really really prefer they didn't). So in that framework, my reaction is normal (or at least makes more sense). I so compare myself to other people in these moments, but their normal isn't my normal and vice versa. Now I just need to actually get that through my head! 😂
Hope you have a great weekend! xoxo