Well, this week just flew by, with lots of sparkle along the way! ✨✨
- In this week’s edition of #selfcarenails, we have this absolute stunner by Illamasqua: Jo’Mina! 😍
My bffl Sophie bought it at Sephora when she came to visit me in 2012, and I loved it so much that we went back later that week so I could get my own bottle! And now I’m glad I did, as Sephora no longer sells Illamasqua!
- On Tuesday, I went ice skating for the first time since December! (I think having to risk life and limb among millions of kids that day traumatized me! But this time, there were only four other people, so HOORAY!) I was shocked to find that I was not very rusty, despite the months off. It was a blast and much-needed: I have to get my skating legs back before I go visit Timmi in Chicago in April!
- Wednesday was my sixth rebirthday: the anniversary of the day I decided to go inpatient for my recurrent suicidal thoughts. This year, the first day of spring fell on the same day, and the symbolism really hit me. Moving out of the darkness and into the light. I still have a ways to go, but I’m getting there. PS- Thank you all so much for your very sweet comments on my rebirthday post! They really made my day that much sweeter! 💜
- On Wednesday night, I went to a lovely new moon/spring equinox meditation with Alana! It’s so wild to think that, six years ago, we were just “liking each other’s pics on social media” kind of friends. And now, we chat all the time about this wild healing journey, and send each other supportive quotes, and go to moon meditations together! Thank goodness, because she is a light in my life.
- Lastly, someone (I’m guessing Alana?) recently introduced me to this IG account. It has tons of encouraging quotes and suggestions for coping with anxiety, but I especially loved this post:
Hope you have a great weekend! xo