Happy Friday! Let’s see what brought the sparkle this week!
- I don’t often go to Trader Joe’s, but I needed some body wash and wanted to try their Tea Tree Tingle one (since I already have and love the Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo). Because everything is like $4 max, I miiight have ended up with a few other things:
The hair mask smells AMAZING! I used it tonight, so I’m curious to see how my hair looks once it dries (in roughly 24 hours #thickhairprobs).
- Okay, ‘fess up: who’s watched The Dirt on Netflix? I saw it this week, and I kind of loved it, and I kind of hate myself! 🙈 I guess music biopics are really my jam. Also, Ramsay Bolton as a curmudgeonly ‘80s rock star was everything I didn’t know I needed in my life. Oh, and I now know what a Machine Gun Kelly is, so, bonus!
- Speaking of music, because I know you’ve been anxiously awaiting an update on my burgeoning career as a bassist 😂:
Pops and I went to Guitar Center over the weekend to see if we could find a smaller, lighter bass than the “emergency bass” I inherited. We were successful! …but I didn’t actually buy anything. I’m in that catch-22 situation of not being good enough to justify spending money on this interest, but I’m also not super motivated to try to learn on a bass that’s way too big and heavy for me. Oh well. We’ll see what happens!
- Did anyone else love the Final Fantasy games as a kid? The main ones I played were VII and VIII (👵🏻 IT ME), but VII especially has a place in my heart. I’m a real “talk to all the townspeople and romp around on my horse” kind of video game player, but I actually beat VII! Its apocalyptic vibe always kind of freaked me out (I was 11-12 at the time), so I haven’t revisited its music as much as some other games, but that all changed this week! Some of its songs are prettier and more soothing than I remember. I’m trying not to be too concerned that my fave one right now is called “Off the Edge of Despair”...
- Lastly, another quote that I very much needed from the “Anxiety Therapist” IG account I mentioned last week:
Hope you have a great weekend! I’ll be in Chicago next weekend, so I’ll catch you in two weeks! xo