Let’s see what brought the sparkle this week!
- I don’t know what got into me on Saturday, but I was craving some nature in my life, so after therapy, I went to a nearby state park and just wandered around! I hoped to see some flowers, which didn’t pan out, BUT I did get to hang out with some horses! I really loved this brown pony with the white face. I kept a safe distance, so as to not spook them (they were just chilling in a field), but this guy kept inching closer and closer to me! 😍😭
- Also, because I know you’ve all been DYING for a fanny pack update (😂😂):
- Here’s another animal friend I made this week:
I had just gotten to therapy on Tuesday and was standing outside my car, texting Kristin assorted rants about GoT (insert her eye-roll here), when I saw a CAT’S reflection in my car window! What the what?! He totally came out of nowhere and just ran right up to me and started rubbing up on my ankles! What a cute smooshy gingy boi!! Sadly, he was not interested in coming to therapy with me, but I did see him hanging out in a sunny garden when I was walking back to my car afterwards, so he was clearly living his best life!
- Here’s the Positively Present illustration that I chose as my May phone background! I love this one so much—I think it’s the first one I saved! As I mentioned in my Rebirthday post, I struggle so so much with what I’m doing (or not doing) at 32. So this picture is a great reminder. I need all the reassurance I can get that I’m okay and right where I’m supposed to be!
- Lastly, if you’re looking to create a chill vibe in your life, may I suggest the Petit Biscuit mix on YouTube? So I follow the gorgeous and adorable Priya Blackburn on Instagram (she played Freddie’s sister Kash in Bohemian Rhapsody), and she used a Petit Biscuit song in one of her IG Stories last week, and I loved its mellow electronic sound, so now I’m hooked! I find his music especially nice to play in the background as I go through my nighttime routine. Apparently, this genre of music is called “tropical house.” Who knew that was a.) a thing and b.) my jam?!
Hope you have a great weekend! xo