Let’s see what brought the sparkle this week!
- On Friday night, I went to ecstatic dance for the first time in months! It wasn’t totally ecstatic, though… I know I’ve been going the 🎶conceal don’t feel🎶 route lately, so I guess I needed a safe space to let myself feel some things, and that’s what happened. There’s this one song that the facilitator often plays, and it just cracked me wide open. I cried some perfect mascara tears and got to release some of the fears I’d been pushing down. 💖
- I went to Kristin’s on Saturday, and look who jumped directly into my lap!
As if that weren’t exciting enough, Kristin’s bf recently went to the Instruments of Rock ‘n Roll exhibit at the MET and had a million pictures to show us, so major classic rock geeking out ensued. 👌🏻
- On the topic of music, this week’s totally random musical deep dive has been Van Halen, thanks to Pops’s total guitarist crush on Eddie Van Halen. “Dance the Night Away” has never been one of my faves, but that might have changed now that I’ve listened to it like 87 times this week! Especially this live version:
- It’s been an excellent week for flower creeping! Look at these beauties I found on Monday morning! What a delightful way to start the week! 😍
- So my wrist started bothering me out of nowhere about a month ago. I’ve had tendinitis in the past, but it didn’t feel quite like that and has been getting increasingly painful, so I was starting to worry that it was something more serious (like carpal tunnel EEK). On top of that, I was getting increasingly uneasy about this weird skin discoloration/rash that’s been on my arm for literally a year. DOUBLE EEK. Well, I finally made a doctor’s appointment this week, and she told me that my wrist issue is likely just overuse (typing, yoga with my frail little arms, etc.), and my rash is not a big deal at all. (I actually correctly Google diagnosed it, so just call me Meredith Grey!) THANK GOODNESS!! I hate making doctor’s appointments for things that aren’t capital I Issues, but it feels pretty good to have some peace of mind now.
Hope you have a great weekend!