I really struggled with the idea of doing a H54F post during such a painful, tumultuous week. But the goal of these posts is finding the good, and for those of us who are reeling, this week definitely needs some good.
In the wake of this election, there is real shock. There is real grief. There is real fear. We must move forward together, but in order to do that, people have to feel their emotions and be able to cope with them. Here are a few things that have been helping me:
- Talking to someone. Be it a therapist, friend, teacher, counselor (college counseling centers are often free!), suicide hotline (1-800-273-8255), etc. Journaling is a good alternative.
- Keeping up my normal routine. In general, routine helps to lessen my anxiety, but my therapist suggested that it might be particularly comforting in this time of change and uncertainty.
- Admiring the beauty of nature.
- Making some new cat friends. (#cattherapy)
- Smiling at nuts like this guy:
And, hey, pot became legal in several more states this week, so HIGH Five for Friday has a whole new meaning!! 😂😂
Have a good weekend. Be kind to each other out there. xo