What an odd week. I worked from home a lot and eventually realized that I hadn't left the house (save a Wawa run) in four days? Oops? I also found out that my beloved therapist, the one I've been seeing for several years, is leaving her practice and will not be able to continue seeing me weekly. Total.shock. BUT! There were some good/fun things that happened this week, so let's focus on them, shall we?!
- I didn't really have any Valentine's plans with B because V-Day is also my dad's birthday, and this year was a milestone one, so the B and I spent the day with my dad... which meant unexpected music lessons because Pops has been tinkering with the piano lately. This quickly devolved into B and I smacking random keys, and me shouting out songs that I thought of as Pops hit certain notes. ("That's totally the beginning of 'Breakfast in America,' I swear!") Later on, the three of us wound up watching Frozen, which my dad hadn't seen before. I had been feeling anxious when I woke up, because we didn't have any real plans for the day, but it all worked out :)
- Sadly, I've fallen off the bandwagon with the #RockYourHandwriting challenge, but I'm perhaps most proud of what I came up with for the prompt "Thank you note" ;)
- So, as I mentioned last week, B has been trying to get me into Supernatural. I had seen a few episodes and liked them but not enough to tear me away from Grey's and the other shows we watch on Netflix. Plus, I'd had a visceral initial reaction to Dean Winchester, and I had never liked Dean on Gilmore Girls, and the fact that Jared Padalecki does not play BOTH Deans was a major source of confusion. Well, apparently, all I needed was to see were some of the ridiculous clips of Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles from assorted conventions because they are hilarious, and I now want to be their bff. I also wish Supernatural was just 42 minutes of them being ridiculous together.
- I hadn't seen The O.C. in forever, so when the first few episodes were on TV this week, I was totally sucked in! "Welcome to the O.C., bitch!" Seth Cohen being an adorable, hopeless nerd! That scene with "Honey and the Moon"! Ah! My therapist once asked me what my ideal fictional family would be, and I said the Cohens, haha! :)
If you weren't real, I would make you up :( :(
- And finally, the saddest/most hilarious picture of the week: my friend Timmi's poor, bundled-up dog Mieze, who is SO OVER the Chicago winter.
That's a wrap! Hope you all have a great weekend! xoxo