Oh man, this week. On Wednesday, I was smote down by a cold (I think?) and didn't even have the energy to sit up, so I slept half the day. THAT definitely did not put the sparkle into my week, so here's what did:
- Is anyone else watching the O.J. Simpson mini-series on FX?? Pops and I are so into it! Even though I was 7 at the time, I vividly remember seeing the Bronco chase on TV with my grandmother (an avid fan of the news!), so I find the whole OJ thing really fascinating. Anyway! Grease was on last weekend, and seeing Robert Shapiro do this totally cracked me up:
- Speaking of TV, who watched Fuller House?! I had no intention of doing so, but my dad was suddenly all excited about it last Friday, so we watched the pilot. I can't say I'm dying to watch more episodes, but I had such low expectations that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Pops is a Netflix novice, so his mind was blown by the fact that all episodes were available at once! "Is this like a TGIF thing, it's on every Friday?!" Poor Pops.
- In continuing with my watching Supernatural all out of order, B showed me the musical episode, which is as ah-mazing and insane as it sounds. I love how this show openly acknowledges its fans and fan fiction and the effect that a show/book/movie can have on a person. The episode also gave a shout-out to The Outsiders, which is one of my all-time favorite books, and one that I have that total fangirl level of affection for. When I read it in fourth grade, I wanted to be friends with the characters and live in their world. I memorized "Nothing Gold Can Stay." I even wrote a sequel (in pencil, in a notebook covered in penguins nbd) from Cherry's point of view! The fact that Supernatural openly acknowledges this fan phenomenon is like <3 <3. (Not to mention that S.E. Hinton is apparently a big Supernatural fan, thereby giving the show the biggest endorsement ever, as far as I'm concerned, haha!!)
- On a related note, I've been feeling more inclined to get back to my own creative writing lately. This feeling has been percolating for at least a month, but I struggle to actually sit down and write. I have several characters in my head that I created years ago, but they've been at the on my mind more and more lately. It's crazy how you can create these fictional people and see them so clearly in your imagination. Maybe it's time to revisit them...
- And finally, I stumbled onto this amazing Drake gif last week, and it never ceases to crack me up:
Here's hoping for restored health this weekend! Have a great one, you guys! xo