I really struggled with the idea of doing a High Five for Friday post during such a tragic week. How can you acknowledge the good at a time of so much sadness? But I decided to go ahead with it because I have welcomed reading "normal" posts on my favorite blogs this week (and last week too, when I was in a rage spiral reading every article about the Stanford rape case). So I hope that this post/blog can be a safe, sparkly space for those who need a break from the news right now. <3
- Although having a car has really put a dent in my real-life Neko Atsume, I spotted this guy lounging around as I drove down our street on Saturday morning! Pops happened to be outside at the moment, so I pulled up to our house spluttering, "EEEEEEE Tuxedo Cat is out, let's go see him!!" I think Tuxedo must be chilling at his house here because he didn't run away from us (yay!), but he was still not wooed by kissy noises and cooing (boo!). HOWEVER, like two minutes after Pops and I left, we saw the guy who lives at this house come home, and Tuxedo totally ran over and flopped for him! The nerve!
- Last weekend, I got my hair cut for the first time in nearly a year and cannot even convey how psyched I was about it. It's truly the little things! My hairdresser gave me a Deva Cut with a million layers, and my crazy thick hair feels about ten pounds lighter!
- So we've had this hydrangea in our yard for as long as I can remember. It stopped blooming a few years ago, possibly due to overzealous gardening, but now, it's back, baby! Look at these pretty lavender blooms coming in! Hooray!
- I've seen Parks and Rec all out of order, so I caught this episode for the first time the other day, and the following exchange between Joan Callamezzo and Jean-Ralphio had me (and Pops!) busting a gut:
- And finally, one last cat pic. This is my gf Sasha being ultra adorable. When her mom informed me that Sasha had been scratching her up, I was like, "Not this little angel!!" INCONCEIVABLE! (Except yes conceivable because she's basically still a kitten lol.)
Here's hoping for a peaceful weekend. xo