Thank you, four day week, for getting Friday here so quickly! :) Here's what put the sparkle into my week:
- I had no plans to do anything especially "Fourth of July"-like, but Pops and I did happen to stumble upon a great vantage point for fireworks in the Giant parking lot on Sunday night!
- Over the weekend, I found out that neighborhood celebrity Ike has a new home! We hadn't seen him in awhile and had begun to fear the worst, but it turns out that a new family had taken him in and moved him around the corner! (I picture him packing up his bowls and heading for greener pastures!) Well, once I knew where to look, I had no problem finding him again! He came right over to me AND let me pet him for awhile! He must really be losing it!
- I've been working on my July goal of reading and even took it outside over the weekend! I'm now like 100 pages into GoT book one and am very impressed with myself! :)
- Does anyone else remember the Looney Tunes cartoon "The Three Little Bops," starring the Three Little Pigs as a swinging jazz trio and the Big Bad Wolf as a lame trumpeter that wants to sit in? It's so clever, and way more hilarious now than when I was a kid! Pops is a musician, so he especially loves it!
- I had to do some new exercises in physical therapy this week, including using a leg press! Eek! When I first saw the machine, I was like, "Uh yeah, that ain't gonna happen!" but I was able to do twenty leg presses! I felt so strong and bad-ass! Actually, doing the leg presses turned out to be easier than doing kicks in this contraption!
Here's to a good weekend! xo