Let’s see what brought sparkle this week!
- Oh boy, I did quite a bit of shopping! 😬 My ability to keep myself from buying things seems to cycle, like sometimes, I can go into stores and not even want anything, and then a week later, I’ll buy everything! 🙈 This week, I went to Ulta TWICE in three days! The first time, I had a gift card, so I let myself get some fun things (which anything called “Disco Kitten” certainly qualifies as!). But the second time (to get the Lanolips, which they didn’t have at the first Ulta), I had heart-eyes for everything and struggled to limit myself to just these things! (Plus an Aquis hair towel, which I’d wanted for awhile but had never seen in a store before.)
- I promptly tried out the nail polish from the first pic (Sally Hansen Mega Strength in Persis-tint), and I LOVE it! I do wish it were a bit more opaque, but I feel like I could potentially fix that by layering it over white in the future. In any case, it’s very different from anything else I have AND the iridescent mermaid vibes are 💯! I’m glad I’ve started painting my nails regularly again because having pretty nails really does brighten my day!
- I also stopped by Old Navy over the weekend because this post by the lovely Lisa reminded me that I had Super Cash, and oops, I bought a few more things! Although I did get a sweater, a sweatshirt, a scarf, a purse, a card case, a set of socks, and a t-shirt for my dad for $36, so not too shabby! This is the purse I got. I wanted a roomier crossbody, and I don’t have a bag in this shape or color. Plus, it has POCKETS (which my go-to Longchamp Le Pliage simply doesn’t WAH). And how could I say no to this lavender sweatshirt with glittery purple mountains on it?! Purple mountain majesties INDEED!
- After that crazy polar vortex, we got two much-needed days of gorgeous spring weather this week! I actually had doctor’s appointments on Monday and Tuesday, so I was outside more than I normally would be on a work day and got to soak up some of the 60 degree sunshine!
- Let’s end with another show that I started watching recently: Schitt’s Creek. It’s pretty hilarious, but it also has these very sweet moments that I just love. (I can’t deal with shows that are pure snark.) I mean, is there anything better than a heartfelt Tina Turner lip sync?!
Hope you have a great weekend! xo