Here are some things that put the sparkle in my week (pretty much all birthday-centric!):
- I had a tiny, delightful "party," complete with my main culinary request, chocolate chip cookies and mini cupcakes from Acme. (Specifically, the South Philly Acme!) B was so sweet to pick them up, along with a (purple!) balloon, and he whipped up my drink of choice, Shirley Temples! And, while I may feel and act like I'm 80 most of the time, I'm clearly five judging by my party hats and gifts :D
- Perhaps the best gift of all, though, was getting to (attempt to) put a party hat on Ike, one of our friendly neighborhood "strays." (He clearly has a home, but he's a playa.) He came prancing by just as I was getting out of the car post-party-hat-Target trip and, well, MAGIC:
- Last Saturday was my spa day, and it was delightful! I started out with a very educational facial (my skin has been driving me bonkers) and then had a scalp massage + regular massage. (My hair smelled so amazing afterward!) The massage therapist gave me a choice of scents, and I chose one made of chamomile and lavender that she described as "the knock-out punch"--which I thought was perfect for someone who can't relax! Maybe because this was the first "typical" (non-cranio-sacral) massage I've had in months, but it turned into a pretty surreal experience wherein I felt like she was kneading out the pain I usually bottle up. And then I fell asleep on the table at the very end, like when she left the room so that I could get up and change. She had to come back in and wake me up! LOL!! I guess the knock-out punch worked after all!
- Then, on Saturday night, I went out to dinner with B and my family to R2L, which is on the 37th floor of Liberty Place. B and I had been there once before, and I had loved the view. I had been struggling to come up with a birthday dinner place that excited me, until I found out that there was miraculously a last-minute 7:00 reservation open at R2L. Getting to see the sunset over the skyline?! SOLD! Oh, and the food was pretty delish too ;)
- And finally, my friend Deena (who gifted me the *awesome* Merida card and stickers above) sent me this video on my birthday. How cute is this kid?! Also I'm totally stealing this idea for Pops, who would be legit excited to get a wrapped avocado gift!
Happy weekend, folks!