Oof, it's been a rough two weeks. But there were some good moments too, so here's what brought the sparkle:
- I got a new phone! I'd been having issues with my phone for months, so last weekend, I finally bid it adieu and got an iPhone 6S! I'm smitten with how pretty it is and, you know, that it actually works. I went in planning to get the iPhone SE, but I'm actually totally loving the big screen on the 6S. It makes reading the Wiki article on every song I'm listening to on my commute AND editing blog posts in the waiting room at the podiatrist so much easier! (True nerd story!) AND THE CAMERA! I've never taken such beautiful pictures on a phone in my life! Whee!!
- I was pretty bummed on Sunday, and the weather sure didn't help. (It was chilly and rainy all day bleh.) Neither did Pops dragging me to Lowe's with him... until I realized that it was pretty much a free botanical garden! Poor Pops was trying to find plants that would actually look nice/survive in our yard, and I was all, "Ooh, this is pretty!" and "This looks like something a cat would like to rub up on!" (Definitely not what Pops wants to hear, since he's already found Calico Pinky amid the few plants currently in our yard!) Of course, I was also busy taking a million photos because flowers!! Look at how ridiculously gorgeous this picture taken with my phone IN THE FREAKING LOWE'S turned out! The iPhone 6S camera is no joke.
- Of all the cats I've been seeing on my neighborhood Neko Atsume lately, the head honcho of them all has been missing: IKE! I had begun to wonder if someone had tamed that wild horse and got him to embrace indoor cat life... but then he made an appearance at the park near my house!!
Ike and I had very different reactions to our reunion. I basically stopped in my tracks and went "EEEEEEEEE!!!!" while Ike also froze but looked like, "UGH." #squadgoals Ike is a pretty friendly cat, so he did give me a few bumps before continuing on his way. Such nice treatment from a celebrity! (Somebody who passed us said, "Oh hey, there's Ike!" Haha!) Not quite the reception I get from our two resident scaredy cats, Tuxedo Cat and newcomer Big Cranky Fuzzy Cat (whose pseudonym admittedly needs some work!).
- In other major cat news, have you guys heard about the cat that snuck onto the ice before the Sharks-Predators game last Friday?! What a tiny, terrified little kitten! How did she get in there? How did they eventually catch her? I am so invested in little Jo Paw-velski now, and I check daily for updates haha. My bffl lives not far from San Jose, so I told her to adopt Jo, but I doubt her two dogs would be down with that plan!
- I have been totally back on the Rich Kids of Beverly Hills bandwagon, thanks to all of season 3 being On Demand and the new season starting last Sunday. I'm behind on GoT and yet all caught up on this dumb show whoops! (Rich Kids is such a guilty pleasure, I can't help myself! And I'm not ready for the emotional turmoil that is GoT!)
Cheers to the weekend! Hope it's a good one for y'all! xo