Let’s see what brought the sparkle this week!
- Inspired by my drive to Delaware, I drove to another state on Saturday! Granted, it was only New Jersey, which I’ve driven to before, but I still got to experience the thrill of the Google Maps lady saying, “Welcome to New Jersey!” 😂 ANYWAY, my ultimate destination was Occasionette to pick up the Philly Tarot deck! (Timmi has it, and it is perfection.) So I got that, along with a few cards, and walked around for awhile, swooning over the cute wares!
- I also spent a little time outside after I got back home on Saturday night, and while I was reading more of my Nicky Hopkins book, who came running out from under our porch but THIS SCAREDY CAT! Whoooo are you? (who who, who who)
- On Sunday, I was the only person who signed up for yoga, so I got to pick what we did. I was like, “Umm, can we have a random restorative class?” which was delightful. I’ve been sooo tired lately, so just laying around in different supported poses was 💯.
- On Tuesday, I went on an accidental flower tour of Philly! (This is the upside of parking a mile from my psychiatric nurse practitioner’s office, haha.) LOOK AT THESE BEAUTIES!
This was a lovely prelude to meeting with my psych NP, because she is a dream come true. A patient, compassionate practitioner of psychiatry has, sadly, been hard for me to find! (I’ve had much better luck with therapists!)
- Lastly, I had a LOOONG overdue reunion with my dear Maggie (aka Pudge’s mama!) on Thursday! This gal is a true gem. Whenever I’m with her, I feel less crazy and alone because she just gets everything I’m going through. I know the phrase “(someone/something) gives me life” is so overused, but being with Maggie truly does give me life! Our level of genuine, authentic connection is something I really treasure. Bonus that, when we were leaving, Maggie invited me to come visit with her and Pudge over the summer, and I yelled (across the parking lot, no less), “I’LL BRING MY TAROT CARDS!”, to which her immediate response was “YASSSS!” ❤️👯♀️
Hope you have a great weekend! xo